Original topic:

Develop new Apps

(Topic created on: 01-15-2021 04:10 PM)
AbhishekSavant
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Store (Apps & more)
Dear Samsung!

I'm using two M Series Phones since September 2020, but have not found an in-built App, neither Music/Media Player nor Compass App of Samsung itself. Earlier, I was using Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 phone and currently is in working condition but with limited to no usage, even this phone has got an in-built Music Player despite it being almost half the price of what this phone cost me a few years ago. Is it just my phones or all M Series phones or all Samsung phones that does not have an in-built Music Player and Compass? All other brand phones do have an in-built players and it feels bad when a brand like Samsung is missing it in their phones despite their phones been good overall!
However, this still can be achieved by making use of pre-installed My Galaxy App which also have music player built in but for that, one has to take long route to reach it. Second, can be achieved by YT Music by Google. Even if one search for the official music player developed by Samsung by typing "Music Samsung; Music Player Samsung; Samsung Music Player" on both the App Store, it is not found unless and until you either keep scrolling all the way down till you find it or by typing the Keyword "Samsung Music" on the Galaxy App Store. So, again it's quite a struggle. 
So, please give us your own made Music Player and Compass App buit in, if any or Develop the Compass App and start giving it to all with the upcoming updates this year in One UI 3 and Android 11 Update onwards. I request Samsung to please provide these two apps in all future Samsung phones irrespective of the Series, pre-installed or built in so that a normal user don't have to struggle searching it and end up in risking with security by downloadingany available Music App from an Unknown or Untrusted Developer.

Thank you!
0 Likes
11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
1. here is samsung music
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sec.android.app.music
2. Edge screen has compass but unfortunately its not there in M series.

Screenshot_20210115-154459_Samsung Members.jpg

Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Edge screen will come to M series with Android 11, that is why I asked him which device he uses.
0 Likes
Hi, thanks for the reply!
The link that you shared is of Google Play Store it seems but is it the Official App developed by Samsung? I have searched a lot even with Samsung name but couldn't find one.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
You can download Samsung music from the Galaxy store, made by Samsung, made for Samsung Galaxy. And about compass, which phones do you use?
0 Likes
Hi, thanks for the suggestion!
But what is the name of the Official Samsung Music Player App. I have searched a lot in both the stores Samsung as well as Google bit couldn't find the Official app.
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Samsung Music.
http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.sec.android.app.music

This is the official link and the official app. You can see that it is developed by Samsung Electronics. And the Play store link provided by @TerM1na7or is also developed by Samsung.
0 Likes
Okay, now I was able to find it when I typed "Samsung Music" on the Galaxy Store and installed the same however I still couldn't find it on the Google Play Store may be the name might be different or if one just searches with the Keyword "Music Player". I even searched both the stores with the Keyword "Music Player Samsung" as well before but still it wasn't shown. The Official Compass App by Samsung still cannot be found anywhere. Anyway! @Anikroyale said it will be available after the update. So, I'm hoping that we all get it soon! Thank you all for your time, patience and support!
0 Likes
nah Samsung releases only the full version of their apps in play store, not the ones we m series users use.
0 Likes
Might be, because of that only, I wrote this post. That was the main purpose behind it! It is available on the Galaxy Store provided you type only "Samsung Music" to get the music app developed by Samsung Electronics. If you type any other keyword say "Music Samsung; Music Player Samsung; Samsung Music Player", it won't appear on top of the search results. That's why, I have requested Samsung India Team to work on the same and also on the Compass App which should be out of the box when we buy a new Samsung Phone so that a normal user should not struggle for the same and end up risking in security by downloading any available app of her/his choice from an unknown or untrusted developer because the official music app or compass app is not found on the top of the list.
0 Likes