Original topic:

anybody facing fingerprint sensor issue in s10 lite???

(Topic created on: 06-30-2020 07:56 AM)
Manasd
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My s10 lite fingerprint is not working perfectly most of the time.while registering also it is not that smooth.only on certain postion the finerprint is working.
26 Comments
Galaxy S
Bro, first uninstall all earlier fingerprints and now try with index finger..cover entire region properly while scanning..achhe se dheere dheere cover kark..repeat same for other fingers..try once..
Manasd
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
yaa bro i did the same way.its working only it is sensing whole index finger,if little bit also left its throwing error.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support4
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there,

> Make sure to use the central fingerprint parts evenly when you register or scan fingerprint, so that all portions of fingerprint, including the center and corners have been fully scanned

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue-

> If any screens guard/tampered glass/protection film is available then first disables the fingerprint settings and then removes the screen guard.

> Once screen guard is removed now register the fingerprint again and check the issue

> If problem does not get resolved, run the device in Safe mode and reconfigure the fingerprint.

> If issue still persists, create data backup and reset the device.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung members app (click on “+“icon>send feedback>Error report/ Ask Questions).

Regards,

Team Samsung Members

0 Likes
darius3686
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Even I am facing similar issues and it is very irritating , has anyone got a right fix instead of this reset fix, as I just got the phone today, doesn't make sense to reset.
ManasNaidu
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I had the same issue. Then I removed the plastic sheild which was on the screen straight out of the box. 

Then deleted previous fingerprints

Registered new fingerprints

And now it's working perfectly 

0 Likes
Dpsingh1995
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My s10 lite fingerprint and face is not lerfectly working most of the time.while registering also it is not that smooth.only on certain postion the finerprint is working.
Johnb80
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Mine won't add fingerprint. It gets to 20% and says fingerprint can't be added.

0 Likes
Hedge73
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Exactly the same problem johnb. Yet when you speak with Samsung they act like they don't know about the issue, even though many are complaining about it after last update. Is a kerfuffle to get it seen to as well. Won't be buying, or recommending again. Back to Huawei. 

sureshviv
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes i am facing same issue after recent software update
0 Likes