Original topic:

Widevine Certification Degradation to L3

(Topic created on: a week ago)
chPartha
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Dear Samsung India Support Team,

I am writing to report an issue with my Samsung Galaxy S21 FE (Snapdragon 888 version) running on One UI 6.1. After the recent Google Play system update this month, my device's Widevine certification has degraded to L3. This issue is evident in streaming applications such as Netflix and Prime Video, and it is also confirmed by the DRM Info app.

This downgrade has affected my ability to stream high-quality content, which is an essential feature for me. I request your assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

2 Comments
Sathish08
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Just uninstall and reinstall it. Or restart your phone. The issue will be solved. But note this is not a permanent one. Samsung needs to fix it with software update.
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we request you kindly share the log file. This will help us to investigate further and resolve this issue.

Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes