Original topic:

WiFi disconnecting frequently

(Topic created on: 06-06-2023 05:07 PM)
Ajwath_moulana
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys, I am using S23 ultra, I am facing issue with the phone WiFi. Though the WiFi is connected and has strong connection, the Internet gets interrupted and says no Internet every now and then. Is anyone else facing the same issue? #Samsung please fix this. I don't have any issue with my alternative phone or other users using the same WiFi connection at the same time!
6 Comments
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Are using 5ghz wifi..?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes
0 Likes
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
1. On your Samsung S23 Ultra, enable Developer Settings and activate Wifi Safe Mode.

2. Access your phone's settings, navigate to Connections, then tap on WiFi. Tap the three dots on the top right corner and choose Intelligent WiFi. Disable the option to Prioritize Real-time Data.
0 Likes
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
3. Access the web GUI of your router and disable the 802.11ax/WiFi 6 mode for both the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz frequency bands.

4. Keep the 160 MHz option enabled for the 5 GHz frequency band to maximize internet speed.
0 Likes
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
5. Log in to your router's admin panel through the web GUI. Locate the DNS settings section within the router settings.
- For the IPv4 DNS settings, change the DNS servers to "1.1.1.1" as the primary DNS server and "1.0.0.1" as the secondary DNS server.
- For the IPv6 DNS settings (if applicable), enter the IPv6 addresses provided by your preferred DNS provider.
Changing the DNS servers to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 (provided by Cloudflare) can enhance your internet connection's security, privacy, and potentially improve performance.

6. Consider restarting all devices involved in the setup process, including your phone, router, and modem.

0 Likes
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Note: The provided steps are intended as a temporary solution to optimize your Samsung S23 Ultra and router setup. If you encounter any issues or experience no noticeable improvements, you can revert the changes by undoing the actions taken.please let me know the status
0 Likes