Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy s9 plus update problem

(Topic created on: 05-05-2021 03:17 PM)
bipinthapa
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
My Samsung Galaxy s9 plus is stuck at android version 8. When I try to update it, it shows latest version installed.

46 Comments
Galaxy S
Bro my j7 duo has same problem you will have to manually downolad the update from samart switch
Hope this helps or you can go to service center they will install it for 300
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

Please take a screenshot of service provider SW version because csc not visible 

Where you bought your S9+?

Edit: this is Chinese S9+, because the model is G9650.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
You are not in China, that's why you are not getting updates. Latest firmware for your phone is FUC9.

You must flash firmware using Odin. Here are instructions.

- Extract the firmware file you just downloaded. You should get 5 files: AP (System &Recovery)
BL (Bootloader)
CP (Modem / Radio)
CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)
HOME_CSC_*** (Country / Region / Operator)

- Add each file to its respective field in Odin v3.14.4. Use CSC_*** if you want to do a clean flash or HOME_CSC_*** if you want to keep your apps and data.
- Reboot your phone in Download / Odin mode (make sure your device is off) with the following button combo: POWER + VOLUME DOWN + BIXBY Other options in case first option did not work or isn't possible.
Option 2 VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP then USB cable
Option 3 POWER + VOLUME DOWN + VOLUME UP
Option 4 POWER + VOLUME DOWN + HOME BUTTON
Option 5 (Note9) USB cable + VOLUME DOWN + BIXBY
Option 6 (Note10) POWER + VOLUME UP

- Once in download mode, connect your phone to the PC, preferably using the original USB cable you got with your phone. Odin should detect your device and a BLUE box will show up with the COM port number. (Be sure, the SAMSUNG-drivers are installed on your PC!)
- Do NOT tick any extra boxes. The only options to be ticked are F.Reset Time and Auto-Reboot.
- Click the start button, wait for Odin to say 'PASS' in a GREEN box. Once the flash is complete, your phone will reboot, and you can disconnect your phone from the PC.

Be careful, flash only G9650 Open China firmware! You can flash Brazil, Argentina firmware but I don't recommend.

SmartSelect_20210505-075303_Samsung Internet.jpg

bipinthapa
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
thanks for your advice
Will I get any problem after that?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

You must install firmware manually every time to get updates because your phone is only to use in China, not Global. This happens because you haven't used never Chinese sim card.

0 Likes
bipinthapa
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Is there any video related to this?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

https://youtu.be/xuV5-v91IUA

See the video carefully and flash firmware to get Android 10 to your S9+. Be careful, if you made any thing wrong, you can't use your phone anymore. Good luck!

0 Likes
bipinthapa
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Oh, is it risking the phone?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S

If you make something wrong, yes

0 Likes