Original topic:

S9+ display discoloration

(Topic created on: 12-10-2020 10:49 PM)
Gautamv
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys, do anyone know that there will be an update pushing to the users from Samsung, having issue with their displays like the discoloration, green tint and horizontal stripes and screen displaying the grey color to fix the issue.

Due to this I'm unable to verify the octa pins related to tools/applications for my work.

Thanks in advance! 
0 Likes
8 Comments
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve the issue kindly follow the given below steps:-

1. Display brightness level:- Kindly set the device display brightness in auto mode (If available).
Steps to adjust brightness in auto mode: Swipe down on the home screen to open notification panel>Turn on Auto brightness. 

2. Reset the device:- Settings >General Management > Tap on Reset.
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data via Smart Switch Mobile App
(Install Smart Switch App > Open > Click on Memory Card Icon >Back Up option > Choose the data for Back up > Back Up).

If the issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung Members app along with screenshots, short videos and error log file(Samsung Members app > Get help > Feedback > Error report/ask question).
Note: Please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Gautamv
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
There is no need to specifically mention the issue. The issue has been already reported by some of the customers in the past and this is not the way to acknowledge to a concern Samsung team.

By the way FYI, This is the last I'm ever, I'll be using the Samsung devices.
Ubinafat
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I feel you. I lost my trust on Samsung devices because of this. They recommend getting the latest software update, but look what it did to our phones. They even have the audacity to charge customers with P 15k to replace the lcd screen. 

0 Likes
Akki294
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I am facing gray color what is this bro.in taskbar section there is gray line visible at night I dont know whats the exact problem
0 Likes
Gautamv
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
It's the softaware problem. Mine was same at first, now the complete screen has the various issues. This needs to be fixed by samsung. Literally I have faced worst situation during my work, as some of the applications/ tools linked with my mobile for security reasons and here Samsung says like "Please let us know the exact issue and screenshots/ video". Even when there are lots of videos on this issue in youtube and on the internet from all over the world.
0 Likes
Akki294
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
is your mobile under warrenty or outoff warrenty. mine just 1month old device. do I need to visit service center or wait for software update.this issue appear in gray color only at low brightness clearly visible at night look like some liquied inside..please tell me what they told you any suggestion..or replace the screen. if possible plz share pic with me ur display issue
0 Likes
Gautamv
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@Akki at present I'm using my brother's mobile which is also Samsung device currently I'm not using my mobile and it is some where in the store room, you can search in youtube I face the same issue as others posted. And my mobile is out of warrenty. you better check with the Samsung service centre and after all this is a software glitch.
0 Likes
adi34
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi guys,few days back updated my mobile,that time onwards I'm facing same problem
0 Likes