Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

S23+ 50MP in Telephoto

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 04:47 PM)
epyczen
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Hi, I have noticed that I can shoot 50M photos in the 3x telephoto lens of my S23+. The clicked photos also have a 50MP resolution in its metadata but do not differ in quality compared to the 10MP.

Is this a bug? Try it with these steps in your S23 series phone and let me know:
1. Open Camera
2. Select 3x Lens
3. Tap on 12M to switch to 50MP

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
R3CoNn3Ct
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Follow your steps,
After that click on 3x it will switch to 1x then try to digital zoom in and leave on 3x you will get the same result.

So put this in theory you switched to 3x zoom lense and then you switched your camera lense from 12MP to 50MP and software will make it digital zoom for you in 50MP.

Hope this will help you to understand.

View solution in context

6 Comments
epyczen
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This bug also exists in 1x digital crop zoom
0 Likes
Solution
R3CoNn3Ct
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Follow your steps,
After that click on 3x it will switch to 1x then try to digital zoom in and leave on 3x you will get the same result.

So put this in theory you switched to 3x zoom lense and then you switched your camera lense from 12MP to 50MP and software will make it digital zoom for you in 50MP.

Hope this will help you to understand.
epyczen
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yes. It uses the main camera sensor
0 Likes
epyczen
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
But if I zoom in, it should be lesser than 50MP right?
0 Likes
R3CoNn3Ct
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
No you will get cropped-in 50MP image
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your query, we request you to share the log file. This will help us to further investigate and resolve this issue.

To attach the log file: Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Note: To ensure relevant log information is included in the error report, submit the report within 3 minutes of encountering the bug or error, and do not terminate (swipe away) the Samsung Members application until you are notified that the report has been sent. This can take up to 5 minutes.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes