Original topic:

S21 overheating issues

(Topic created on: 07-05-2021 09:51 AM)
noumaneme
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy S

Hello, 

I bought S21 5G in May 2021, I bought this phone for its 1) Good Size  2) Expected good performance 3) 120Hz display 4)  Better in-display finger print scanner 5) Faster USB type-C port.

I also want to mention that: Buying a new phone for me was big choice because I'd use it for next ~3 years. I chose this phone over many others. 

But it's been a heartbreaking experience, as this phone overheats just after 10 minutes of WhatsApp Video-call, 10 minutes of Camera Use, 10 minutes of multi-tasking. This is such a big issue but can only be understood by the one experiencing it. I have my new phone but I still use my S9 for doing WhatsApp video calls or zoom calls. 

Apart from getting overheated on using camera related apps and multitasking. It generally remains hot in basic usage too, like using Notes app or using playing games. This is such a big usability issue that my conscious doesn't allow me to sell it to anyone so that buyer may not curse me when discovering this issue.

When I discuss this with the Samsung help center they give me a general response about how a phone can get hot listing some basic reasons. I used to have S5, S9 and now bought S21. My friends around me use so many Samung phone (Note 8, Note 10, A51) but none of the phone has this issue, and Samsung cannot just deny that this is a real issue. 

Then Samsung would promise that it will get better after updates, but even after 2 updates (May and June) the problem is still there, it still reaches temperatures which are unhealthy to any device. 

I really request and urge that Samsung may take this phone back or come up with some offer for replacing this phone with other models which doesn't have this issue, as I don't want to sell it to anyone. Noone should spend this much money on a new phone and get to experience this issue.

Nouman A. (Pakistan) 

1 Comment
Maps_sam07
Options
Galaxy S

Hello noumaneme

Kindly be advised that you are through to Samsung South Africa. Your region support can assist you further with this query as Samsung products are region based.

If you wish to be in contact with Samsung support in your country use the link below for service center details.

Herewith: https://www.samsung.com/countries/

0 Likes