Original topic:

S20+ Network Issue with no resolution from samsung

(Topic created on: 09-18-2020 10:53 AM)
amalpm
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

#Samsung S20+ 5G 512GB purchased on 10th March 2020 with in a month of its launch.
I write this as a very unhappy customer,failed by a brand in all aspects.
I am not able to say if samsung has failed more in the manufacturing of this device or in the formation of its policies or even worser in its customer care and maintaing the brand value. I have been browsing to find a higher authority of samsung to contact..but alas cannot find anyone..
It is exasperating and makes me wish I had not waited so long to switch to a better brand.

A hassle of an experience -
Have put my trust in this brand for the past 8 years and it was with good expectations that I invested in this latest release. The problems started when more and more people I know started complaining that my phone is not reachable & "Not Registered on Network" error meesage started appearing when I tried to make an outgoing call.
1st Time - 20 April 2020 Approached the samsung customer service centre at Mall of Emirates & their response after checking was its a software issue & resolution given was a Software upgrade. Encountered same errors during the usage.

2nd Time - 23 April 2020 Again approached the samsung customer service centre at Mall of Emirates & their response after checking was that the issue is with the Motherboard which needs replacement & had to wait for 5 days to have the parts available. Got the phone back by 28th April & they promised that now the phone should work ok. Encountered same errors during the usage. Provided Screen recordings of the error.

3rd Time- 30 April 2020 Again approached  samsung customer service centre at Mall of Emirates & their response after checking was that the issue is with your sim card and it needs replacement. Same day got the sim card replaced. Continued to use the phone with an expectation that  it should be ok however the same error continued to arise. Provided Screen recordings of the error.

Tried contacting Samsung custome service over phone whereby they requested me to leave the phone for further diagnosis even after providing  Screen recordings of the error.

4th Time - 18th June 2020 Handed over the phone with samsung customer service centre at Mall of Emirates & kept phone under observation for 3 days and returned the phone with the same comment as they are not able to identify the issue. Advised me to contact Samsung online customer service whenever i face the issue again for them to remotely access my phone before the phone gets restarted.

5th Time  - 21st June 2020 contacted the customer service and they connected with phone remotely, luckily the error popped up when they were online & they suggested that they understood the issue & relevant screenshots are taken & it will be handed over to Complaint department for them to come back to me in few days of time.

6th Time  - Since i didnt receive a response i followed up on the case & i got to know my case has been closed. I dont know for what reason.

7th Time  15th July - Atlast the complaint department called me back after few days and asked me to again leave the phone for further diagnosis in order for them to provide me with a solution.

8th Time 17th July - Handed over the phone with samsung customer service centre at Mall of Emirates & kept phone under observation for 2 days and returned the phone with the same comment as they are not able to identify the issue & phone is working fine.

Here I am stuck with a Samsung Flagship phone which doesnt work properly and Samsung finding it difficult to listen to me..
The trouble of changing all the data and contacts to a spare phone..driving to mall of emirates and exposing myself during covid 19 lockown restrictions was for nothing.

Samsung's reply is they cannot find a problem..and if they cannot FIND a technical problem even though the screen recordings of the error was provided and they still cannot replace it.

11 Comments
Galaxy S
i have also been noticing similar issues on my S20+ 5G smartphone. whereas my friend and family using the same model and never faced any kind of issues. at my first visit to samsung service center, they asked me to upgrade the software and told me that it had something to do with totok which i have installed in the previous samsung mobile and it has been transferred here in this device. upon their request, i asked them to upgrade the software. i waited and checked my mobile for another 2 days but i kept on getting the same issue and it never felt like something actually changed. my second visit to samsung service center and they then told me that the problem is from the network service provider (etisalat), and this problems is common nowadays in all samsung 5g supported devices. i have 2 more S20+ 5G devices in my home and i have friends who use 5G version of S20+ and why am i the only one having the issues here.
surely samsung service centers were useless for me as they weren't able to diagnose the issue in a device which belongs to them.
shame.
amalpm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
even I was a big fan of Samsung however now I have lost all faith in them as they don't care about customers.
0 Likes
alrayhi
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
i already faced same problem and complained. nothing happened
0 Likes
GeorgeAb
Options
Galaxy S

Dear amalpm,

I fully understand your frustration and apologize for any inconvenience.
To investigate in your case, I will send a Private Message, please reply to me to with your Phone Number and the service reference number.

Note: You may need to check your private message through the web by visiting the below link:
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

0 Likes
amalpm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
already send @George
0 Likes
amalpm
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
After all the fights with Samsung for 6 months atlast I can confirm that Samsung has replaced my phone with a brand new one as a matter of goodwill since they were unable to identify the problem and fix it. would like to take this opportunity to thank @sarah ismail from complaint department who played a major role to get me this outcome.
New set is working absolutely fine.
I would suggest Samsung to start listening to customers a bit more as this could have resolved much earlier...
0 Likes
wallprco
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Galaxy J7 CoresamsungMembers👎👅👅🤮💩📛🤮🚫🔪🔥👺📛🤮🔪🚽🔪👅🤮📛🔪🚽🚫👎🔥👺🤮👎🔪👅🤮💩🤮🔪👅🤮📛📛👅🔥🤮📛📛💩📛💩📛Screenshot_20210703_165555_06_146.jpgScreenshot_20210703_165559_40_147.jpg
0 Likes
wallprco
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
🤮👎💩👎🔥🤮👺🚽👅🚫🤮👺🤮⚠️🤮👺🤮👺🚽🚽🔥👺🔪👅🤮👺🚫🚽🤮👎🚫🚽🚽👺🤮👺🚽⚠️🚫🔥
0 Likes
wallprco
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
💩👺💩⚠️👎🔪🚽💩🚽⚠️👅👅🚽📛👺📛⚠️👅👅📛👺⚠️👅⚠️👹📛⚠️🔪⚠️💩📛
0 Likes