Original topic:

Urgent Issue with Galaxy S23 Ultra's Wi-Fi 6

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 10:30 PM)
AdamLash
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello everyone, 

I need to highlight a significant and ongoing problem with the Galaxy S23 Ultra that Samsung has yet to address. Despite months of complaints on Samsung forums, Reddit, and YouTube, the Wi-Fi 6 feature on the phone does not function properly and constantly disconnects. As a loyal customer, I had high expectations for the Galaxy S23 Ultra's advanced capabilities, including seamless connectivity. However, the Wi-Fi 6 on this device is extremely unreliable, rendering it practically useless for online activities. Many users, myself included, have voiced their frustrations, yet Samsung has remained silent on this matter. The Wi-Fi connection drops frequently, even when I am near the router. 

I rely on a stable internet connection for work, streaming, and communication, making this issue particularly bothersome. Troubleshooting attempts, such as network settings resets and device reboots, have proven ineffective. We deserve better from Samsung. It is disappointing to witness such a renowned company ignore a widespread and critical problem affecting its flagship device. We must unite as a community and urge Samsung to prioritize resolving this issue promptly. 

If you are encountering the same Wi-Fi 6 connectivity problem with the Galaxy S23 Ultra or have any potential workarounds, please share your experiences here. Let us make our voices heard and push Samsung to take immediate action. Thank you for your support, and let's hope for a swift resolution. 

Here are some example:

Sincerely, 
Adam 
6 Comments
salmanul
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
We anticipate that it will be resolved in the upcoming updates.
0 Likes
AdamLash
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I hope so. We have heard that before.
0 Likes
JR_Ewing54
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just ordered my wife an S23. I messed with it for hours and tried every step I could find online and on the Samsung Community pages, and nothing worked. She just said to send it back. It kept bumping off of wifi for no reason. The phone showed wifi on, but it would go on and off intermittently. The one suggestion most common was to go into your router and disable the 6e settings. Really? No way I was going to convince her to keep it. Plus, the phone was horribly slow. Constant resets, and nothing worked. Some pages never did load. On my S23 Ultra, I've never had any of these issues. Both phones are updated to the May security patch. Of course, Samsung suggests to take it to a repair center. A two-day old device to the repair center? 

0 Likes
AdamLash
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
That is unfortunate. I hope Samsung fixes this soon. They have turned a blind eye to this matter for a long time now.
0 Likes
omkc50
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
My s23 ultra battery drain issue
0 Likes
J00LZ
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

Has this been fixed? I have made every update and have the same issues with my flagship s23+ paid full price since release earlier this year. With the average lifespan of a phone being approx. 3 years,  it means we've already spent more 1/6 of the lifespan with this significant issue. If not fixed soon, owners should consider a class action.

0 Likes