Original topic:

Battery drain on S8

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 12:36 PM)
khan69
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
I checked my battery, it was 38% at 4:30am. I woke up at 12:30 and my phn is switched off. Why is my phn eating so much battery overnight? What is causing so much battery drain? I couldn't find Wats wrong from the screenshot of my usage also. 
Also I noticed after the march security patch update the battery is draining super fast. 

14 Comments
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly follow the below mentioned step to improve the performance of the device

1. Perform Battery Optimization: Settings > Select Device Maintenance/Device Care > Optimize > Optimize all options like Battery, Storage and Memory

2. Adjust screen timeout settings: Settings> Display> Screen timeout> Select minimum screen timeout.

If the issue still persists, kindly attach the log file and send it to us in the Samsung member application (attach when the issue occurs within first 15 minutes of the occurrence of the issue.):-

Samsung Members App > Feedback >Error report > Attach log file for any issue

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,

Samsung Customer Support

khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
have performed every step you mentioned
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I've sent the log files several times. Everytime their reply is like 'please wait while we look into this'. after that no reply from the team.
0 Likes
Ashwin98
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Hi Khan69 try clear cache partition in recovery mode and then dial *0228# to recalibrate the fuel gauge. I think this may help you solve the problem also keep screen resolution to FHD+
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
okk I'll try this