Original topic:

Battery drain on S8

(Topic created on: 04-01-2020 12:36 PM)
khan69
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
I checked my battery, it was 38% at 4:30am. I woke up at 12:30 and my phn is switched off. Why is my phn eating so much battery overnight? What is causing so much battery drain? I couldn't find Wats wrong from the screenshot of my usage also. 
Also I noticed after the march security patch update the battery is draining super fast. 

14 Comments
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Change your battery.Your battery health seems low.

Also check battery health with accubattery if below 70 then change it.

0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I've changed my battery 4 months back.
So will the service center people replace with a new battery free of cost or do I have to pay them ? bcoz it's not even 6 months since the battery was changed.
also Wats the price of S8 battery kit ?
0 Likes
_007
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S

Are you facing this issue everyday?If not then check the issue in safe mode>Put the phone in safe mode overnight and then check battery % drop when you wake up.

If you're facing this issue everyday then it might be problem with battery itself.

Also changed batteries have only 3 months of warranty so then won't change it.

0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
yes almost everyday it's happening. dint check on safe mode though.
0 Likes
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
bro plz do this and check it
1.turn off mobile data or wifi when you are not using
2. force stop what's up app while you going to sleep
3. force stop all social media app while you going to sleep.
4.turn off location and sync setting too while u going to sleep.

plzz check your battery life after doing these thing and update me plz I want to know whether it works or not.

if it works use routines app which is available inside good lock app. it will really help to do all these things by one click.
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I hardly turn off mobile data or WiFi before going to sleep. and before I could see only 3-6 % battery drain wen data,AOD,sync is on(power saving off). but now it's eating so much battery inspite of power saving mode on
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
ok bro try this
0 Likes
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
me to facing this problem try to force stop regularly using app bro like WhatsApp etc while not using your mobile also I jus want to know how much did you pay for replacing the battery.
0 Likes
khan69
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
@kkanth battery was replaced at free of cost as it was under warranty.
0 Likes