Original topic:

5g Network issue in galaxy s20 fe 5g

(Topic created on: 05-29-2023 02:15 PM)
sameer09
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
i jave issue of 5g network. i jave jio sim. in my mobile samsung s20 fe 5g in some time 5g network and some time 4g network working boat are changing automatically when i am still in 5g network area. please help me for stable 5g network.
15 Comments
Adithya_Menon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
5G in itself isn't very stable, especially in India where the coverage required for stable 5G isn't sufficient. Also India only has Sub-6GHz 5G towers (slightly faster than 4G LTE but not as stable) and no mmWave 5G towers (only for commercial purposes). Because of this the phone prefers 4G (much more stable and almost the same speed) and switches to 5G if the tower is at optimal range to keep the overall connection stable.

If this information was helpful, kindly like the post and click "Accept Solution"... 😃
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Stop spreading wrong information. When you don't know anything then better don't speak...
Yes it's true that 5G isn't super stable as of now, but the problem with S20 FE 5G is that this device has N28 band disabled. N28 band is used for better indoor coverage, whereas N78 is for ultra fast speeds. As S20 FE 5G has only N78 it won't be able to connect to such areas where 5G coverage is weak. The same is happening with me as i too own an S20 FE 5G. In indoors my phone works on 4G, but as soon as i step outside, it instantly connects to 5G. Phones having both N28 & N78 bands won't get these type of issues. My mom has A23 5G which has both N28 & N78 bands enabled & in indoors it always remains connected to 5G & never switches to 4G. Their's no such issues with my mom's phone...
Adithya_Menon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Sorry! Didn't know sharing facts was spreading wrong information. The N28 band (700 MHz) is categorised as a low-band, meaning better range but slower speeds, whereas the N78 band (3.5 GHz) is categorised as a mid-band, shorter range than N28 but better speeds, not ultra-fast as you said though. The ultra-fast speeds are only provided by mm Wave (high band) bands like N258 (24GHz). Unfortunately, these mm Wave bands are not there in India for non-commercial uses, as I said. Now, yes, the S20 FE 5G has the N28 band disabled although it supports it, so when indoors, it will switch to 4G LTE since it isn't within the optimal range (of N78) of a 5G tower. And phones that use both will stay connected to the 5G tower but switch bands (N78 to N28) and if the range isn't optimal for the low-bands, it will switch to 4G LTE. Mate, maybe you should read my full reply before rushing to call it misinformation and start a fight, unless that's exactly what you wanted. Hmmm, I wonder...

Also, what was the question? It was regarding the continuous switching between 5G and 4G. I answered the question in a general manner (not within optimal range, so it switches to 4G which is more stable) and you answered it in a more detailed way. So, who's wrong? No one...
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Firstly sorry to you & apologies, if my words hurted you or you felt bad. Also i would like to clear that i didn't tried to fight with you... 🤧

Secondly the thing is, i didn't talked about N258 band bcoz we'll know the it's not for us end consumers. It's only used for non commercial purposes. That's the reason i considered N78 as the fastest 5G band (Considering no smartphones have N258 band) N78 & N77 are the only 5G bands which provides ultra fast 5G speeds (Again repeating, considering smartphones)

Update in this conversation: After Yesterday's software update, N28 band has been enabled in S20 FE 5G & now it doesn't switches to 4G anymore in indoors... 😃
ManishSh
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
So why itconnect to N77 and how ?
0 Likes
Sáyân15
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Bro can you confirm that where are you facing this issue, indoors or outdoors...
0 Likes
sameer09
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Some time in both condition
0 Likes
Mr_Gautam
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
5G ke liye update aaya h bro 250 mb ka. Update kr lo.
0 Likes
SKV-F235G
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
Use netmonster app and select nr only mode it will solve your problem
0 Likes