Original topic:

phone getting slower after update

(Topic created on: 10-23-2019 07:14 AM)
Maindoliya
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
Any body noticed? Samsung's phone eating more and more RAM after every patch upadte.
Is there any form available where we can discuss it
0 Likes
9 Comments
naruto1
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
You can discuss it over here itself only... Please help us with the model number of your device so that we can help you with some tips and tricks
0 Likes
Maindoliya
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
hey thanks for ur reply but i am very disappointed with the updates i am using Indian version of note 9 and i am observing that after every patch upadte my phone taking more RAM and last update September and October patches have issue like my secure lock is taking too much time and i have to enter my pin 2 time if I restart my phone.
0 Likes
naruto1
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
thanks for the update even I am also using note 9 indian version only and has not face any such issue... my suggestion will be try to use the device care application to clear away the ram cache etc. then alsonuse the feature called automatic restart this is ana amzing feature in the device... also there is one antivirus in the device care application try to scan your phone with that as well and let us know....
0 Likes
Maindoliya
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
my phone is completely fine and i monitored it and that why Ivan say that RAM uses is increasing after every update but what issues I raised it happened after September update and still not fix this is Secure startup is taking lot more time u can check in ur device
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Bro..I Agree with what "Dilli" has quoted, We should do Factory Reset after taking Backup and if it is not Possible after Every Update then at least do it Once in a Quarter (3-4 months)..Also when You Restart your phone it takes Slightly more time in Boot Up & if we Enters the Pin Immediately it doesn't Recognise hence we have to wait for 20-30 Seconds & this time Increases the more old your Phone is..
0 Likes
Maindoliya
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
bro thanks for ur suggestion but j discussed another issue its called Secure startup in settings before September update its was working fine but after the patch it take more time like 1 or 2 min and i have to enter my pin two time, even i take my phone to SC n they said it will fix it in next update but in October update issue is not resolved and according dilli it is not possible to reset phone after update because now we have huge storage and we won't loose some date because of manufacturer, I think they have to do something
0 Likes
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
@Maindoliya..Sorry I have just read your Subject, Your Quoted issue and last two lines of your Comment starting from "taking too much time & I have to Enter my Pin 2 times if I restart my Phone" So I have replied it in that way...And I have Never applied Secure Lock (Required PIN when Device Powers ON), I'll give it try & Respond you...
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Bro. I tried Secure Startup for Five times after Using my Handset to same way I used to do so Everytime and then applied Restart..Out of Five times, It started four times by taking around 50Seconds with Single time entering the PIN, while only Once it have taken 2min.& 20Seconds where I have to enter Pin twice & that too not Continuously once I have entered and it processed for almost 55Sec. then again it opened with same window asking the Pin and I have Entered it again and it has taken almost 1Min.& 20Sec more. I have a videos too but I can't attach them here, Since it doesn't allow to attach Videos..I can send you if you want on your mail id. or WhatsApp No...
0 Likes
Maindoliya
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
yep but i think u are using this settings first time i was using this from when i bought this phone and i never had and issue but it is happening from past two month that's the reason i have to post and i was waiting for update to fix this issue as u said this happened with u only 1 time but i think u should use it for some time and than check thanks
0 Likes