SMART VIEW PROBLEM /Samsung video player/ Samsung smart tv

(Topic created on: 10-27-2020 07:52 PM)
king185
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
My device Samsung galaxy note 8
My TV Samsung smart tv

When I stream videos from online applications on my phone I used to play them in samsungs official video player then I would press the 3 dots on the top right and click on smart view. It would then play the video perfectly in sync (I could be wrong but my guess is that there is on the fly transcoding going on) with no issues and I get full native support from my Samsung smart TV remote. Which means I can pause play rewind etc from my Samsung remote and my mobile is actually not screen mirroring so I can minimize the Samsung video app and run other apps with my phone or make phone calls. I can also turn my smart TV volume up and down using my phones vol up and down keys.

Anyway my point is that all this functionality was LOST since Samsung did some stupid update (I don't know which) so now when I follow the same steps to play a video file it does play with samsungs video player i click on the 3 dots and click on smart view but I don't get native support also the audio and video is never in sync on my smart TV and I cant control the TV with the remote I.e. pause play rewind etc the TV says "not available" when I try do those things. Also its using screen mirroring as when I end the video file it displays my phone screen and what I'm doing on the TV. Before it never did that. So there has been some bad changes during the update.

For now...

I found an app that works its called castify. When I try to cast to the smart TV normally it says " file not supported" but as a last resort they offer and an option called "stream by phone" and even thought it's sort of in a beta stage it actually works and gives my control from my TV remote and I can use my phone at the same time. If anyone could please advise i would be forever grateful because playing the videos from the Samsung video app was indeed the best. If i could hear from a Samsung representative I would be happy to see what can be done.

Kind regards

Kaiser 
0 Likes
3 Comments
dkk2
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
my selfie camara has failed
0 Likes
walt
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note