Original topic:

Problem with Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra 5g SA Software update

(Topic created on: 03-19-2023 05:48 PM)
VedanthGowdaPN
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy Note
Samsung or should I call it as a SCAMsung coercing users to hide their incapability to deliver promises and misguiding other unaware users about the issue of cheating consumers.

Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G model which was a so called premium phone of Samsung which they have launched by advertising 5G phone in 2020 so users believed in Samsung and purchased these phones at premium cost which was almost 1 lakh and now when 5G launched in India in Nov 2022 we weren't able to use 5G however Samsung was paying some website and forums to publish the articles which states Samsung was the fastest OEM to enable 5G on its devices through software update so most of the users thought the issue could be with Network provider but the Jio 5G was still not working and the app shows Samsung note 20 ultra is not a 5G device upon which when we contacted Samsung initial response were wait for the update we waited but no luck sobwe again contacted them through multiple channels like emails, call, whatsapp support and got to know that This device doesn't support SA 5G bands so Jio will not work and Samsung was asking us to change network provider from Jio to Airtel so this isn't the best practice as a Consumer I have the right to choose provider and Samsung simply can not do that.
 So here comes the interesting part I have raised the complaint through NCH app and then I got a call where they said the device doesnt support Jio 5G as they operate on SA bands the reason was due to AP chipset limitation it wont work and device hardware itself isnt compatible to run SA 5G but soon multiple users have reported the same issue and raised grievance through NCH app so slowly the pressure was building on them and then they came up with new technique of wasting customer time by saying please give us some time as our team is working on it . We waited and waited then again after waiting for more than 20 days finally one day we got the email which states We are working on a solution to enable access to standalone 5G services but no timeline given.
 So this shows How Samsung is cheating and playing with emotions of customers as earlier saying that hardware doesnt support 5G SA and later taking completely 180° turn and saying we are working on Solution to enable it so how can we believe what Samsung is saying and today their customer care is asking us to update this information in Samsung Members app and convey this message to note 20 ultra users that team is working on it but when asked to confirm these details over email just by saying Note 20 ultra supports 5G they were like we can not do that.

So a humble request to all the Note 20 Ultra users to raise complaint through NCH app or by simply calling on 1800 11 4000. Spread this to all your friends and family members who uses Note 20 ultra 5G device to do the Same as Samsung has cheated us and they should be held liable for the same as Indian users and indian Marlet is being treated as **bleep** wherein the same device has been given SA 5G update to US market last year. So please raise your concerns through NCH app if any help needed for doing so let me know I will be more than happy to help.

3 Comments
nbbbbbbb
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Z fold 3 5g have same problem
0 Likes
nbbbbbbb
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Cheater Screenshot_20230325_144823_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20230325_144805_Samsung Members.jpg