Original topic:

Horizontal lines on Samsung note 9 screen.

(Topic created on: 11-17-2019 10:53 PM)
vishwa2000
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I have a Note 9 that has horizontal lines show up on the screen.  Originally I thought it would be random times when the lines would show up, but I've now found they show up when the brightness of the screen is turned down. It also do disappear for hours for no reason.  I've restarted the phone and the problem always comes back.  The horizontal lines are not static and are always moving up and down (not scrolling).  If I take a screen shot of the phone, the lines are not present. Sending my phone into Samsung for 2 weeks to examine the phone was an option for me.  So I sent it to their service center. They did flash reset but it didn't work out. They replaced my LED panel which did not resolve the problem. And my warranty period is over now. Please advise me what to do next.

Specifications:

Model Number: SM-N960F

One UI version: 1.0

Android version: 9

Those lines on the displayThose lines on the display

35 Comments
kunal5
Active Level 5
Galaxy Note
start the phone in safe mode use it for some time and then restart the mobile same happened with me but after i did this step problem never occured!
0 Likes
rvivek
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I too faced the same issue. Took to Samsung care. They said it might have caused due to phone dropped or continuously charged.... It just happened 1 month before warranty expiry.... Hence they replaced the display module. But I never dropped nor continuously charged.... One fine morning it just happened suddenly...
ipradeepsah
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
.contact to service centre as soon as possible /best wishes
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
how did this happened

first please purchase the extended warranty or purchase insurance policy for this if dont have these then Samsung will charge you
0 Likes
Him9826
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
This is display burn in issue and Amoled displays have these issues so visit service center and they will change your display free of cost if phone is under warranty.
0 Likes
vishwa2000
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I too thought that it's a LED burn, but even after replacing the display it doesn't work out..😕

0 Likes
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
i had this issue due to magnetic case cover took it off and it never came back
0 Likes
vishwa2000
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

But I have never used the cover or a case..😐

0 Likes
eddardstark