Original topic:

Horizontal line appears with increasing/decreasing of brightness after update

(Topic created on: 05-06-2020 10:45 PM)
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My phone started acting weird. Below are the observations:
1. It was observed that on a white/colored background, we can see the burn in of the icons.

2. When I manually adjust the brightness, from 0 to 20%, the display brightness increases. When I increase the brightness more, the display suddenly reduces the brightness and goes greenish. When I keep increasing the brightness, grey horizontal lines are visible across the display and the font changes as well. At 50% brightness, the transitions on the screen are in slow motion and screen is green in color.
3. When the brightness is set beyond 50% then the display is still greenish, horizontal lines are still visible and the brightness is still low.
4. At 100% brightness, the lines are barely visible, the display is on the warmer side.

Because of the above, it is impossible to use the phone keeping the brightness on auto mode. The battery is draining fast because I have to keep the phone at 100% brightness to see the screen/phone. The display is horrible to look at.

However, when i unlock the phone after resting it, the display works normally with or without auto brightness. Then it goes back to its yellow/green tinted, horizontal lines, faded font display. This shows that the display is capable of being normal. But something is making it go bad, maybe recent update, bugs, drivers etc.
I gave hard reset, factory reset and cleared the cache as well many times. I have also charged the phone 100%, checked it till it has 10% battery & also gave it a rest for 1 day. But nothing's working.
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
dear, it doesnt help, i am facing the same problem again.

this is frustrating. Guess we have to wait till the new update come. Grr. 😖🥶😖
0 Likes
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
dear it doesnt help, i am facing the same problem again.

this is frustrating. Guess we have to wait till the new update come. Grr. 😖🥶😖
0 Likes
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
for a min my hopes got up🤣😅.thanks for informing.
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Follw the below steps to resolve your issue:-

1. if you have enabled dark mode, kindly disable (On the Settings screen, tap Display → Blue light filter and tap the Turn on now switch to activate it).
2. Check device in safe mode: Check device in safe mode: Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the screen.
3. Update your software: Settings >Software update >Download and install (If software update available) > Download > Install now.
4. Reset the device: Settings > General Management > Tap on Reset
Note: Before reset make sure to have back up of the data.

If issue still persist, kindly register your concern in Samsung members app (Samsung Member > Get help > send feedback > Ask question/Error report)

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
it doesnt help 😑
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
I guess this is the only solution for all Samsung's problems, instead of actually fixing the bug they do this. Send us an solution which never work.🤣🤣
Raju02
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

I am facing exact same problem note 8. Did u find any solution pls advice.

0 Likes
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
welcome ti the group, come join this group, you will find many info

Samsung Note 9 Display Problems
Please Join only if you are facing the Display discoloration or Overheating or horizontal lines on display when the brightness is set to low. All these issues are started recently after software update, not by any accidental or physical damage to display.
https://t.me/samsungDisplayProblem
0 Likes
Raju02
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy Note

I am facing same problem. Did u get any solution pls advice.

0 Likes
Umeshy
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

I am also experiencing the same issue on my phone along with the red tint.

0 Likes