Original topic:

Horizontal line appears with increasing/decreasing of brightness after update

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 04:52 AM)
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy Note
My phone started acting weird. Below are the observations:
1. It was observed that on a white/colored background, we can see the burn in of the icons.

2. When I manually adjust the brightness, from 0 to 20%, the display brightness increases. When I increase the brightness more, the display suddenly reduces the brightness and goes greenish. When I keep increasing the brightness, grey horizontal lines are visible across the display and the font changes as well. At 50% brightness, the transitions on the screen are in slow motion and screen is green in color.
3. When the brightness is set beyond 50% then the display is still greenish, horizontal lines are still visible and the brightness is still low.
4. At 100% brightness, the lines are barely visible, the display is on the warmer side.

Because of the above, it is impossible to use the phone keeping the brightness on auto mode. The battery is draining fast because I have to keep the phone at 100% brightness to see the screen/phone. The display is horrible to look at.

However, when i unlock the phone after resting it, the display works normally with or without auto brightness. Then it goes back to its yellow/green tinted, horizontal lines, faded font display. This shows that the display is capable of being normal. But something is making it go bad, maybe recent update, bugs, drivers etc.
I gave hard reset, factory reset and cleared the cache as well many times. I have also charged the phone 100%, checked it till it has 10% battery & also gave it a rest for 1 day. But nothing's working.
24 Comments
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You are now part of the green tint display colouring club.Above issues occured after march update. Many good people are suffering because of Samsung's big mistake. Only solution wait for next big update for Samsung to solve👍
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
(NOTE 9 HORIZONTAL LINE ISSUE)

Hello Samsung Team & Dear All,
Regarding Horizontal lines issue with respect to increasing /decreasing of brightness, i have solution, or at least i have recovered ( so far 8+ hours and still it didnt happen again a single time)
So, i wanted to share it with you.

#SOLUTION:

This is a bug issue happened from last update. But you do not have to wait till the next update. Do the followings to submit a "BUG REPORT" to sumsung and probably they will fix it for you (did for me)

1. Turn On "DEVOLOPER MODE"
a. Go to Settings> about phone> softwere information
b. Click/Tap rapidly 7 to10 times to "BUILD NUMBER" to turn "devoloper mode" on
c. Devoloper mode is on

2. Submit Bug report
a. go to devoloper settings (last option in settings menu, now visible)
b. submit Bug report to samsung (try to submit both reports option)

3. Wait & Good luck.

I was really exhusted and furious, going crazy to see that gneenish blury burned display. That is why i wanted to share it to you guyz who are having the same problem. Hoping this method will work for everyone. please share your feedback. whatever happens.

Thanks to Samsung Team. I didnt submit my feedback as i mistakenly missed the window they send as notification. But thanks to you.

wbr,
Nadhvi
arifin.nadhvi@gmail.com
0 Likes
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
how did u share your bug report
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy Note
yo sup green tint gang 🤣
at this point I have given up and I have started using pixel filters.
it's pointless to wait for samsung to fix this issue, my guess is this is just like the black crush issue, something that samsung never addressed.
0 Likes
Samsung_0v1mqJ8
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note

What app is that plz

0 Likes
amanjaatt
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

I'm facing the same problem...is there any solution

0 Likes
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
(NOTE 9 HORIZONTAL LINE ISSUE)

Hello Samsung Team & Dear All,
Regarding Horizontal lines issue with respect to increasing /decreasing of brightness, i have solution, or at least i have recovered ( so far 8+ hours and still it didnt happen again a single time)
So, i wanted to share it with you.

#SOLUTION:

This is a bug issue happened from last update. But you do not have to wait till the next update. Do the followings to submit a "BUG REPORT" to sumsung and probably they will fix it for you (did for me)

1. Turn On "DEVOLOPER MODE"
a. Go to Settings> about phone> softwere information
b. Click/Tap rapidly 7 to10 times to "BUILD NUMBER" to turn "devoloper mode" on
c. Devoloper mode is on

2. Submit Bug report
a. go to devoloper settings (last option in settings menu, now visible)
b. submit Bug report to samsung (try to submit both reports option)

3. Wait & Good luck.

I was really exhusted and furious, going crazy to see that gneenish blury burned display. That is why i wanted to share it to you guyz who are having the same problem. Hoping this method will work for everyone. please share your feedback. whatever happens.

Thanks to Samsung Team. I didnt submit my feedback as i mistakenly missed the window they send as notification. But thanks to you.

wbr,
Nadhvi
arifin.nadhvi@gmail.com
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
to whom i have to share bug report.any email.pls guide me.
mk99
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
how did u submit interactive bug report and what are both reports.when i tap share option is opening.pls help me.is your phone is now normal after submitting report.