Original topic:

Display issues on Note 9 after latest software updates

(Topic created on: 07-19-2020 01:44 AM)
beingRajnish
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note

I am facing with display related issues on my Note 9. I came across this issue after the latest software update given by Samsung. The issue is basically related with the brightness, when the brightness level is in the middle range the screen turns completely hazy with horizontal lines and greenish/yellowish color which is very much disturbing and annoying. Having said that this issue is not only with my Note but after checking different reviews on Samsung Community I came to know that a large number of Note 9 users are facing this annoying issue. So please provide necessary assistance to resolve the above said issue and restore the Note 9 screen as it was before the last update.

19 Comments
Sumeet6795
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
I guess this is not the March update. see the power button in quick panel layout.
0 Likes
MilanM
Active Level 2
Galaxy Note

I'm also facing this issue after april update. I have note 9.  Is this a software issue or hardware? Everyone face this problem after updating april security patch because of that i think it's a software issue but Samsung didn't announce anything yet.

0 Likes
beingRajnish
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
when did you come to know about the issue? and did you visit the service centre? the most annoying and bad thing is that Samsung is still silent on this issue, hope that it will provide some reasonable solution!

Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy Note

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Adjust the brightness
Settings > Display > Adjust the brightness.

2. Check device in safe mode:- Press and hold the Power key, when Power off icon appears > Press and hold the power off icon.
Exit safe mode: Hold the power button and select restart on the screen.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
beingRajnish
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Done all the said steps but the issue still persists! Please suggest some permanent and reasonable solution. Didn't expected such kind of experience using Samsung that too Note9! Hope you take accountability of such issues.
0 Likes
TechFreak07
Active Level 4
Galaxy Note
they will provide this foolish reply each nd evrytime.... its better to admit that we made a mistake for choosing samsung for our flagship...
0 Likes
SCORPIONADHVI
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
Samsung Note 9 Display Problems
Please Join only if you are facing the Display discoloration or Overheating or horizontal lines on display when the brightness is set to low. All these issues are started recently after software update, not by any accidental or physical damage to display.

https://t.me/samsungDisplayProblem
0 Likes
harithsuresh
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
the screen turns yellow every single time and very annoying please let me know any solution
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Guys,
I am also facing same issue with my Galaxy Note 9 device

So, did anyone find the resolution to it.
0 Likes
AK0101
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
All indian Users of Note 9

Please follow this link to escalate to CEO help desk

https://www.samsung.com/in/support/write-to-our-ceo/
0 Likes