Original topic:

Display discoloration

(Topic created on: 08-15-2020 10:54 AM)
MegatronHunter
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Recent software update ruins Samsung galaxy note 9. Recent security patch update on July 1st has damaged the adaptive display function. Screen has become yellow tint with patches even without using blue light filter. Couldn't get an appointment for service. No bug fixes update from Samsung. No help from customer service either. Previous version Samsung note 4 I have used it for almost 4 years. My little brother broke it otherwise it was the best ever note series samsung has ever released. Note 9 is okay to use except for this display discoloration problem and few others like overheating. 

Anyone else suffering from such problems with note series? 
27 Comments
Galaxy Note
Nope. didnt try that one.. since flashing with odin will lead to permanent no warranty claim or service on samsung if they later change their mind. If Samsung is not gonna solve this problem then this will be my last samsung mobile. I think many of the S9, note 8, A series of samsung also is suffering from software glitch recently. they are gonna lose lots of customer if they are not gonna act quickly.
0 Likes
AfrozH
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I have tried flashing latest firmware with odin but the problem still remains. I have also tried to roll back to older version but samsung has locked the bootloader which doesn't accept older firmware. So I had only option to flash the latest firmware.
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
better to use it in low settings till they give us a solution otherwise throw samsung away and buy a good phone from good service.
Draghima
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Yes i'm having the display discoloration issue since i upgraded my Note 9 to Android 10. 

My phone is just 1.3 years old.

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
Mine was 1.6years old. After the update only it went havoc. Samsung service is becoming worse.
0 Likes
wasimAkram
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
yes I have
0 Likes
bmp007
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Having the same issue on my S10e it stared after one software update( don't remember the month). As a workaround keeping the Always On display to on solves this issue for me, but Samsung has to acknowledge the issue and fix it ASAP 

0 Likes
deepak86
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
May be all curved display as this issue...even i called customer care many times...but no proper solution..
My phone is also note 9
0 Likes