Original topic:

Display discoloration

(Topic created on: 08-08-2020 11:08 PM)
MegatronHunter
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy Note
Recent software update ruins Samsung galaxy note 9. Recent security patch update on July 1st has damaged the adaptive display function. Screen has become yellow tint with patches even without using blue light filter. Couldn't get an appointment for service. No bug fixes update from Samsung. No help from customer service either. Previous version Samsung note 4 I have used it for almost 4 years. My little brother broke it otherwise it was the best ever note series samsung has ever released. Note 9 is okay to use except for this display discoloration problem and few others like overheating. 

Anyone else suffering from such problems with note series? 
27 Comments
Galaxy Note
A lot of people suffering from this Issue (Which is think is willingly sent to Note 9 and S9 phone's to make people buy new ones).

If you are familiar with flashing your phone with Odin then flash old firmware and This issue will be resolved. Or wait and pray that Samsung fix this as soon as possible and they won't take another 4 months to fix this.
ahnsourav
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
same happens to my s9 plus😔
0 Likes
Galaxy Note
most common problem for the note9, samsung is already working on it , this problem is really highlighted by the team, hopefully Samsung will resolve it soon,
Draghima
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note

Is that issue related with software or hardware??

0 Likes
Galaxy Note
actually after seeing alot of post about it, the problem comes after the update, so it is not a hardware problem but service center told to change ur display, i suggest u to go to the service and tell them to do the software thing,
Galaxy Note
This is the common problem facing by Note 9 user after the update .
I guess there is some glich in the software update .

Samsung will soon resolve this issue .
Dilli
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
Thousands are having similar issue. Samsung is just sleeping on it and more concerned on launching new models where there is money. It may be a long wait or nothing🤔
oldman85
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy Note
note 9 overheating and display problem after software update in july
md63
Active Level 3
Galaxy Note
try keeping always on display mode on, tap on the screen before unlocking your phone, it will work
this is just a temporary fix