Original topic:

Android 10 for Galaxy Note 8

(Topic created on: 12-12-2019 04:46 AM)
itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
We need the Android 10 for Galaxy Note 8 and Galaxy S8 devices. We were shipped with Nougat when Oreo was already released. And being a flagship device, just 2 updates isn't enough. Samsung has to change this. Else everyone is going to be shifting to other manufacturers. Or even other operating systems. Note 8 is perfectly capable of running Android 10 than most of the phones. Why can't you give the update when A series phones get the Android 10. 2 years is too less. And Samsung knows it. We need Android 10 for the Galaxy Note 8. Don't deceive us everytime. 
18 Comments
xda_in_dev98
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
There is no way Samsung will give you the upgrade. Because, this is a fact and Samsung has been on this policy for years. So, don't day dream on your couch on getting the Android 10 update for your Note8 / S8. Pie is the last and security updates will be released here after.
itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Brother I'm full aware of what you're getting at. My post wasn't to get the update. It's something we in our note 8 reddit had decided to post to raise the voice against this thak actually sitting on a couch and day dreaming and doing nothing. And the very point of posting this is to make other people know Samsung is asking for 1000 dollars or more for a phone running an OS already a generation behind and then giving two major updates which actually is ONE.
xda_in_dev98
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
Bruh.. i can understand bro. I too have been using a couple of Samsung Devices earlier. S6, S7 Edge, Note 7 Fan Edition.... i spent a lot of money buying these and i was like... what the hell !!??!? Only 2 major upgrades ??!! .. We can't do anything about it bro. I too have raised and my community too against the policy that Samsung has been following. I'm having S9+ now. I know that after Android 10, i will be day dreaming to get Android 11. That's it. We can't do anything bruh. What Samsung thinks is that... after 2 upgrades... we should change our device !!!
itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
That's the exact point I was making brother. This post is not to make a trillion dollar Samsung company notice me. This is to post the truth out there again and again till I change my phone so that at least there's a discussion on it. I'm not expecting them to release an update for me just because I put out a post. This is for the greater good so people can see what they are doing. That too with a phone which was their star vehicle to overcome the Note 7 debacle.
eddardstark
Active Level 6
Galaxy Note
dude just root your phone there are loads of one ui based roms available and m prertty sure there will be loads once everything is ported thats what i am gona do these people will never listen to customers and m gona go ahead and switch to either one plus or pixel or my last option will be iphone samsung is hopeless
itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I'm gonna probably do the same. Switch to Apple or Pixel even if it means I'm sacrificing some things. At least my phone will be relevant and on the market for an extra 2 or more years than feeling like I bought a 1000 dollar phone for peanut updates.
Galaxy Note

All in with you brother. I encourage anyone and everyone to simply keep posting, reaching out to Samsung and making them aware that we care about more software updates. Like you said, it's not about changing minds really but rather making sure our voices are heard. 

itsmedarshan
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
Exactly brother. But people aren't getting it. It's not about making them look back. It's about people who buy Fold for 2 grand, Note 10+ for 1200 dollars and end up with crap software support from Samsung. Let's keep doing this. So at least they know people are noticing it. And at least people will be wary of buying a Samsung flagship in the future.
Alaa90
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy Note

Yes I'm 100% with you. I'm seriously thinking of OnePlus for my next phone just because of this 2 year update limit.