Original topic:

120Hz Adaptive Refresh Rate switching automatically to 60Hz

(Topic created on: 11-20-2020 05:11 PM)
SushantK97
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy Note
I've been using my Samsung galaxy note 20 ultra for 5 days now, and it has started to optimize itself after having learned my usage patterns. I've also enabled adaptive power mode so that battery life improves. I have added most unnecessary apps to sleep list, which has improved my battery life by about an hour, in terms of screen on time.

My question is, sometimes, I notice my refresh rate drop to 60, without me changing it. I revert it back to 120. But this keeps happening, and it's very annoying. I'm guessing it's got something to do with the adaptive power mode.

Is there a way we can lock the refresh rate to 120 while still benefiting from the adaptive power mode?
3 Comments
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Galaxy Note
You can watch Sakitech's YouTube video on a trick that uses Bixby routines to keep both power saving turned on and use 120hz at the same time.
SushantK97
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
I've watched that video, but I don't see the medium power saving option in the 'then' section of the routine. Not quite sure why
0 Likes
JiKsu
Active Level 1
Galaxy Note
120hz drains battery so....if you turn on the adaptive power save mode it will automatically switch to 60hz....so there is now way to lock 120hz in adaptive power save mode
0 Likes