Original topic:

Type C Earphones not working for calls but working for music

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
vinay1233
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
Type C earphons not working for calls with Galaxy M30s but they are working for listening music, sound recording and speaking with google assistant.
When I call someone the voice is coming from built-in speaker instead of from earphones.
I have contacted Samsung customer care but they are not responding properly.
4 Comments
Guri_S22
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Purchase original Samsung earphone or any other original earphone which supports call feature
0 Likes
vinay1233
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
The earphones which I have are working with other samsung devices.
In my device (M30s) also it is not working only for calls, but it is working for every other things, even it is working with google assistant, if google assistant is able to listen from earphone mic and able to speak through earphone speakers then every thing is working fine.
Only in call mode it is not working.
Problem is with software I think.
Even I have used my friend's samsung original type C earphones, they are also not working for calls.
0 Likes
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Check the physical condition of headphones: Take a look at the connector on your headphones and make sure it's not bent or broken, and that the cable is not damaged.
The easiest way to figure out what's causing the issue is to try another headphones on your phone or try your current headphones with another device.

Check left-right sound balance settings: You may encounter a situation when the audio is coming only from one side of the headphones.

In this situation, it is advised to check the Left/right sound balance settings. Sound balance controls the balance of the sound of the media player when you are using headphones. If the balanced value is set only to one side of the headphones that is either left or right then a sound could be heard according to the selected direction.

Adjust the left/right balance of the sound (except calls) when using headphones through the below steps: Settings> Accessibility> Hearing enhancements> Adjust left/right sound balance.

Check the device by connecting other headphones: The easiest way to figure out what's causing the issue is to try other headphones on your phone or try your current headphones with another device.

Reset the device Settings: Settings > General Management > Reset settings>Reset all settings to their default.

If still facing issues, please visit the service center for a physical inspection of your device and headphones. You can locate your nearest service center with this given link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vinay1233
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
This is the problem with customer support.
For every thing you people mention same same solution.
I clearly mentioned earphones working for music, voice recording and speaking with google assistant then how it will be hardware issue.
I am facing issue only in calls, instead of audio from earphones it is coming from phone's inbuilt front speaker.

I am able to speak with google assistant and able to listen to google assistant, just like in call I am able to speak with google assistant and listen through earphones without any problem.
I am facing only proble with calls, from your side take a M30s mobile and check with Type C earphones whether it is working for calls or not.
It is purely a software issue, please fix it and provide a software update.
0 Likes