Original topic:

Samsung galaxy M31 mother board crash

(Topic created on: 01-21-2022 09:53 AM)
SrinivasaRaoM
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy M
Samsung galaxy M31 mother board crash, freezing on logo screen.
Please check online reviews about M31 dying exactly after an year of purchase. I have M31 & M31s in my family. M31 purchased 09.06.2020 for Rs. 18,999/-. Stuck on boot screen and subsequently, unable to charge. I was informed by the service center that it is a known issue of this modal phone and repair requires motherboard replacement costing Rs. 8,500/-. Factory reset also will not work as it is a hardware issue. If you check with any local mobile repair shop as well they will say the same thing. I went to a local shop and he showed me multiple M31 lying with him with same problem. Online search gave reviews that this is a known issue of Exynos processor used by Samsung in these mobiles. So, stay away from these Samsung phones. If you already own one better to use exchange offer and get some other phone before your warranty expires and your phone dies. If you research online these problems weee started bein reported by users from Feb 21. And this matches exactly after an year of its launch which was Feb 20. What kind of a mobile is it, Samsung is manufacturing projecting as a most purchased mobile!? This is not fair on Samsung. I lost my value of money due to this cheap tricks. Now, I am in great fear with that what will going to happen with another Samsung galaxy M31s purchased on 26.08.2020. So, I advice not to encourage this kind of cheap tricks and not to buy these kind of products from Samsung.
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards, 
Samsung Customer Support  

0 Likes
SrinivasaRaoM
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
What is error log file? Where do I get it?
0 Likes
Galaxy M
No use of error report,you know exact problem that motherboard is faulty. Only formality.
SrinivasaRaoM
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
No use, it's just a formality, useless Samsung brand. Samsung was not at all responded to my loss. So, friends beware of Samsung.
0 Likes
t4techdroid
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Can it be repaired by motherboard repair team ? If its a chip issue like ic chip ? Had anyone repaired the motherboard from aftermarket
Bhavik_soni
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
I can just go one's in local market before going samsung care and they've told me that they will do repair with the cost of ₹2000 to ₹2500 and don't even loose ur data but I go to Samsung care and they've replaced motherboard within day free of cost and now my phone working smoothly but lose my gallary data in the process
0 Likes
abhyuday
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
Dont try it.. because it gives problem.. i have done it..

Its called re-balling and fixing again the emmc ram and processor

After this you will encounter with other problem because no one is here who can fix these tiny connections without error...

Mine witked for 5 days and got damaged completely. (Screen flickering and noise comming) then i replaced new one from care
0 Likes
Members_rSXqs47
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Same happened with my samsung M31.. Motherboard issue in 16months.

Samsung should give free replacement for same

SrinivasaRaoM
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
24.05.2022 It's very stunning, Samsung has not responded for my problem till now even after rising a complaint with Samsung through customer care. Felt annoyed and disgusting.
0 Likes
Aditya_5
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Yes, I also faced the same issue.

After using my galaxy m31 for 1 year and 7 months, this motherboard issue occurred. My phone was not even damaged at all, not even a drop of water ever got sprinkled on my phone. It was working properly but suddenly this issue occurred. This is totally  Samsung's fault for using cheap quality motherboards.

Samsung should not do this. We have paid 17k to 18k rupees on this phone, trusting the Samsung brand and the phone got malfunctioned in less than 2 years.

From now, I will never buy a Samsung phone.