Original topic:

SAMSUNG M30S MAJOR ISSUES

(Topic created on: 08-04-2020 08:20 PM)
Himanshus211
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
From last 2-3 months many M30s user are facing these THREE MAJOR issue :
 1) When a call comes the screen freezes , now if we pick call it shows call picked up but no sound from other end and all buttons are freeze except end call button. Even the caller again calls the same thing happens unless we restart the device or enable & disable airplane mode then it comes to normal. 
 2) Also sometimes keypad freezes when we are typing , now we need to click on back button or close apps then it comes to normal.
 3) after some time of usage on phone , the mobile network switch back from 4G volte to 3G , checked with operator also and done many troubleshooting but still this issue is persistent. Now we need to enable & disable airplane mode or restart the device to come back to normal. This is a very serious issue and spoke with your team earlier also but no proper reply.
 KINDLY RESOLVE THIS URGENTLY IN NEXT UPDATE.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
the reason behind it is .....Samsung provides non A/B partition Type Ota software not like other companies A/B type,, hence mobile data or wifi brings software holes over software if that software will not installed fully or correctly by this process....which is actually not recommended.......2012-13 or 2013-14 there was a big backlash on Samsung and there is this issue where every S series and j series mobiles used to get bricked with every update they release. Users have to visit service center for every update to unbrick devices. Those times Samsung has this app called Samsung kies which detects bricked device and initialize emergency firmware installation. But also kies interface and ui is somewhat difficult and not all users able to use it. Then they released smartswitch with integrated kies where user can backup, restore and even update devices. As of odin Samsung itself uses it. And firmwares are open source from 2014 where developers can use to create their own. Samsung officially has a mail I'd for xda developer user where they can request firmware and firmware is sent to your registered mail. Sammobile is one of it they are legal and gets firmware from Samsung itself.🙂🙂

View solution in context

Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
1. I never had restart or hang issues in 7 months.
2. Yes I agree. Also it lacks clipboard so I switched to ms SwiftKey keyboard.
3. I never saw h+ using airtel in 7 months with airtel. Only 4g but speed is slow compared to other devices..

these type of issues you get when you update using ota atleast for major updates. You may updated to oneui 2 using ota you are facing this. Next time prefer smartswitch pc if possible. As of now reset your device or visit service center for reflashing software.

View solution in context

0 Likes
17 Comments
Arunsingh99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
I think these are not major issues,they are some other major issues such as slow charging and heating and battery drainage issue .are you not facing this issues?
0 Likes
Himanshus211
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
no , not facing such issue after the recent update.
but yes battery drainage is somewhat happen.
0 Likes
Arunsingh99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
how much time ur mobile take to for full charging.
0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
as of now u can perform cache partition and check after that
Kalyanramch
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Yes bro I'm also facing the same issue
0 Likes
veer
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
i am also m30s user this kind problem not o faced i suggest you go to service center reinstall software agian this problem may be sloved ,heating issue i also faced its every user face we will wait for update
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
exactly.....nice suggestion 👌 it's because proper process to install software is via smart switch or odin....simply mobile data or wifi may create software holes maximum time and device suffered various types of issues by which this forum is full with
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
the reason behind it is .....Samsung provides non A/B partition Type Ota software not like other companies A/B type,, hence mobile data or wifi brings software holes over software if that software will not installed fully or correctly by this process....which is actually not recommended.......2012-13 or 2013-14 there was a big backlash on Samsung and there is this issue where every S series and j series mobiles used to get bricked with every update they release. Users have to visit service center for every update to unbrick devices. Those times Samsung has this app called Samsung kies which detects bricked device and initialize emergency firmware installation. But also kies interface and ui is somewhat difficult and not all users able to use it. Then they released smartswitch with integrated kies where user can backup, restore and even update devices. As of odin Samsung itself uses it. And firmwares are open source from 2014 where developers can use to create their own. Samsung officially has a mail I'd for xda developer user where they can request firmware and firmware is sent to your registered mail. Sammobile is one of it they are legal and gets firmware from Samsung itself.🙂🙂
Arunsingh99
Active Level 6
Galaxy M
bro I'm facing issues like heating and quick battery discharge and slow charging ,if I upgrade again my mobile through service center can the problems will be solved?