Original topic:

Poor network reception on Samsung Galaxy M30S

(Topic created on: 10-21-2019 06:50 AM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

I have been using the phone for the last 10 days and what I have noticed is that the network speed and stability of the network are very bad compared to other branded phones I used before. Usually, the LTE speed and coverage inside my house and On the balcony are pretty stable but when I changed to M30S the network will shuffle between E and H+ and from time to time, it goes to LTE with the low signal (Normally 2 out of 4 bars). Since day one i noticed it and after 2 days i got an OTA update of 110 MB and it made some performance improvements and came with August's security patch. When i go through the customer review on Amazon i get to know that it's not an isolated incident. A lot of customers are facing the same problem.

Just see the picture below 

Screenshot_20191013-162455_Amazon Shopping-COLLAGE.jpg

As the issue persists i contacted Samsung customer care and the representative asked me to perform certain troubleshooting's which are
1-Reset network setting.
2-Go to Safe mode and check the issue persist because it may be due to some other APP's running in the background (usually third party apps)
3- Factory data reset.
4-Finally take the device to the Samsung service center.

I tried the first 3 steps and guess what? Again back to square one.

I tried the network reception with other brand phones and interestingly M30S had only shown network issue and the worst part is even in the city the reception is pretty bad. ( I used Asus max pro m1, Honor 9 lite, and Poco phone for comparison and shown the picture of max pro m1 only )

The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.

M30SM30SMax pro m1Max pro m1

See the values of network strength.M30s always gave me above -100 and for other brands most the time stayed within -100

below  -100 and more considered very bad 

For me, it does not seem like a hardware issue and i would like to know other members in this community facing the same issue as me? 

If there is any representative from the Samsung software department is in this community, With all due respect, I demand them to escalate this issue to the higher authority and Push an OTA update as soon as possible.

123 Comments
rupam5545
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I have also this issue very poor Network connection please fix this issue it would be very helpful ❤️🙏 THANK YOU
hemantvj
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
i am also facing network issues
Bhasker11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Signal reception is very poor in this phone.Please send OTA update to resolve this issue. I am first time Samsung smartphone user.
Galaxy M
This blows. My first time using Samsung and they screwed me over it feels like. Tell me something.. As of now, I have two sim cards. Airtel and idea. Generally speaking, airtel has better reception compared to idea at my home. Does this mean network reception on m30s depends on cell phone network coverage as well? Well, if that's the case, for now as a temporary fix, if sometime is majorly effected.. They would need to find out what network works best at home (where one would spend most time) and switch to that network. Mobile number portability to a number that has better reception. Yes. Twitter post sounds good. Create an anunoynmous account if you don't wish to go public. Let's make this happen. I'm sure we will get many retweets.
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Copy that 👩
0 Likes
Deepals
Active Level 2
Galaxy M
I commented on their m30s post on Facebook regarding the battery. i agree network issue for me is same as everyone here. I am sure they will take this seriously and look into this as they are still promoting the monster. let us all strike while the iron is hot 💥
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Actually, we have 3 options

> Escalate via Twitter/FB

> Mail Samsung CEO's Office ( India)

>Post on the community ( International 🌏)

Galaxy M
True. I was thinking social media may get their attention faster. I am game for assualt on all three frontiers too. 😃
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
@Gaurav21

please proceed; since I already contacted Samsung I can't escalate this issue via social media again. I even made a tweet to share. you can edit and use it as per your wish. We all support you.🤝

See the link 🔗

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-M/Samsung-s-response-to-M30S-network-issue/td-p/2722148
0 Likes
TheEnthraller
Active Level 3
Galaxy M

If you think this is a big problem wait until you download something

The devices temperature rises very fast

0 Likes