Original topic:

Poor network reception on Samsung Galaxy M30S

(Topic created on: 10-13-2019 10:14 PM)
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy M

I have been using the phone for the last 10 days and what I have noticed is that the network speed and stability of the network are very bad compared to other branded phones I used before. Usually, the LTE speed and coverage inside my house and On the balcony are pretty stable but when I changed to M30S the network will shuffle between E and H+ and from time to time, it goes to LTE with the low signal (Normally 2 out of 4 bars). Since day one i noticed it and after 2 days i got an OTA update of 110 MB and it made some performance improvements and came with August's security patch. When i go through the customer review on Amazon i get to know that it's not an isolated incident. A lot of customers are facing the same problem.

Just see the picture below 

Screenshot_20191013-162455_Amazon Shopping-COLLAGE.jpg

As the issue persists i contacted Samsung customer care and the representative asked me to perform certain troubleshooting's which are
1-Reset network setting.
2-Go to Safe mode and check the issue persist because it may be due to some other APP's running in the background (usually third party apps)
3- Factory data reset.
4-Finally take the device to the Samsung service center.

I tried the first 3 steps and guess what? Again back to square one.

I tried the network reception with other brand phones and interestingly M30S had only shown network issue and the worst part is even in the city the reception is pretty bad. ( I used Asus max pro m1, Honor 9 lite, and Poco phone for comparison and shown the picture of max pro m1 only )

The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.The below given screen shot shows the signal strength of both phone from same location.

M30SM30SMax pro m1Max pro m1

See the values of network strength.M30s always gave me above -100 and for other brands most the time stayed within -100

below  -100 and more considered very bad 

For me, it does not seem like a hardware issue and i would like to know other members in this community facing the same issue as me? 

If there is any representative from the Samsung software department is in this community, With all due respect, I demand them to escalate this issue to the higher authority and Push an OTA update as soon as possible.

123 Comments
sgjpaul_41563
Active Level 2
Galaxy M

yes compare to other Brands samsung M30S was worst in the Network Part,When We switch to Aeroplane Mode and then only we will make a call and use a Net Otherwise we cant able to wrk.

0 Likes
Samsung_W1MZs9p
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I am fully agree with you. Even I am facing the same issue for both sim slots by swapping sim cards. As mentioned by other, flight mode will work but again network will come to its real stsate. The network will shuffle between E and H+ is even more irritating. I even experienced call drops. Also, escalated this issue with network operator(Airtel and Jio) but everything is clear from their end. Samsung care representative asked me to perform same troubleshooting steps as mentioned by you but still no luck. Finally, Amazon technician identified that there is a issue with the hardware component and this flaw is from Samsung. Any workaround or troubleshoot will not remove poor network reception in Samsung Galaxy M30S. And its not only with M30S. Other samsung phones are also having same issue.

Subitsy
Active Level 1
Galaxy M

Thumbnail Rule

Low SAR Value = Low Network

As per GSMarena.com Samsung M30s have 0.47 W/kg (head) SAR Value

For Strongest Reception go with HIGH SAR (but under permissible value) Value handset.

You can check your old handset SAR Value and compare it with M30s.

This is rude shock, but fact, now it can not get improved via Software etc.

HTH

Sumitpatel
Active Level 7
Galaxy M
Samsung has worst network reception
0 Likes
rbhojmod
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Exactly same issue with my mobile as well, samsung M30s keep lossing network intermittently.

But I do have other samsung mobile (samsung me) in my home without any issue....

Only issue is with M30s,more specifically after recent update the quality of this mobile is degraded...

I do agree 100%

0 Likes
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Maybe an OTA Update will fix the issue and battery life is not up to the mark. let's hope for the best 🙂
Samsung_W1MZs9p
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

Battery lasts longer only 20-22 hours which should be 1.5 day. And camera quality is also poor.

sayanm50
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
I don't think it's software issue
0 Likes
gsakariya
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M

I have Samsung Galaxy M30 and same poor network issue. My 3 year old phone with SD636 catches excellent signal with same SIM card. 

Its not software problem , it Exynos **bleep** that samsung is using. 

0 Likes
Vishanavi
Active Level 9
Galaxy M
Almost the same