Original topic:

Galaxy M31 - Phone Freeze & Automatic Reboot issues after patch update released by Samsung

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 05:52 PM)
Arun P
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

This is regarding issues faced in Samsung Galaxy M31 after applying latest patch updated released by Samsung.

1. My phone Samsung M31 stopped functioning immediately after applying Samsung patch update. It was getting restarted frequently after recent update. It also freezes and never gets rebooted.

2. During my visit to Samsung service center, service center executive immediately recommended mother board replacement even before touching my phone knowing that patch update had been applied to phone. 

3. I have visited more than one Samsung authorized service centers and they all informed  (unofficially) that if you have applied the latest Samsung patch, you need to replace the mother board. 

4. In response to my communication and complain to support team and escalation (regarding service center pushing me to get mother board replacement and bear its cost) Mr Balram and Mr Vinod connected with me. They recommended to get the phone physically inspected by service center – Service center did confirm that phone is intact and does not have any damage. Based on their (Balram and Vinod) instructions, I have handed over the phone to Samsung Service Center  for problem resolution.

5. After this, there is no further communication from Balram and Vinod. This is quite unprofessional behavior from them.

6. To my further escalation, Ms Vandana contacted me. She also suggested mother board replacement to which I have informed her following details -

a. Samsung has nowhere mentioned that new patch released is not compatible with existing mother board, it will create boot / performance / unexpected behavior issues and it will need mother board replacement after patch update. 

b. I am not asking for mother board replacement - as it was and is working fine with earlier software version before patch application. I need revert of Samsung patch from my phone so that my phone start working properly with existing mother board. 

7. Ms Vandana is continuously pushing me for mother board replacement on my expenses - which is not an acceptable solution for me - as the entire problem has been created by faulty software patch released by Samsung. If the faulty software patch from Samsung needs a mother board replacement, then that cost should be bear by Samsung. 

Need your help for resolution of the issue – and get my phone back to normal functioning.

11 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy M
Motherboard issues with Exynos 9611 devices can occur with any software update and not everyone will face the same, but the risk is there for everyone. This abnormal behaviour is solely due to the manufacturing defect of the processor and is faced by thousands (if not lakhs) or people. Read here for more info:-

https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Important-Join-the-campaign-to-help-users-who-are-faci...
0 Likes
srafi4
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
I too has the same issue for my m31s they asked me to replace the motherboard which is 8k fraud samsung looting the customers
0 Likes
raghaw444
Active Level 1
Galaxy M
Yes this this happened with me my also device got freezed and automatically reboot but do anything and problem solved
0 Likes
SrajTech
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M
This is a manufacturing defect of exynos 9611 soc and a quality control fault of Samsung
They had provided free repair to many users but now it has become widespread
https://r2.community.samsung.com/t5/Tech-Talk/Auto-Restart-Brand-solution/td-p/10333335
Follow the above steps in the post, if they deny, then ask for discount and be adamant that the update has damaged your phone, tell them you will file complaints in consumer forum
0 Likes
vinoponk
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
I too has the same issue for my m31s they asked me to replace the motherboard which is 8k fraud samsung looting the customers
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
prince1967
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
My cell phone model m21 same problem I m faicing .after automatically software updates an I suffer all my data lost .when it starts 3days after. Still restart problems I m facing. What Samsung do for me.
0 Likes
myname123
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy M
Having same issues will not buy any Samsung product again
0 Likes
vga123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy M
Joke is...service centre in delhi told us to replace the screen by paying rs.6500. they are just fleecing and samsung seems to abett this by issuing bugged software updates. Apple is known for this and samsung is doing same, looks like.
0 Likes