Original topic:

Freeze and Restart issue in Samsung Galaxy M21. (after 1.2 years of usage)

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 04:24 PM)
m21harsha
Beginner Level 3
Options
Galaxy M

Frequent Freeze and Restarting issue for every 5-10 mins of use. sometimes even quick restarts after reboots. Fed up with this issue. Gets heated.

I used device for basic apps. Ofcourse some gaming but not really heavy. Screen time used to be 6-8 hours before the issue started.

We want an answer for this- Is the M21 model(2020) still eligible to get anymore updates like security patches? It received one UI 3.0 and 4.1 i.e., android 11 and 12 and I guess they are the final OS upgrades. The last update was in April 2022 i.e., One UI 4.1. Later the device didn't receive any updates. Samsung needs to send atleast one other update for stability and performance improvements. Many users in India who have used the device for about 1-1.5 years are facing the freeze and restart issue. Even in December and January I have seen that many devices got this issue after OneUI3.0 i.e., android 11 update but the issue got resolved after a security patch. It's been almost 4 months and not a single update for stability and performance improvement is released. 

Methods I tried but failed :

1. Clearing cache by Recovery mode.

2. Trying Safe mode.(Need to check this again)

3. Sending bug reports.

4. Automatic error reports on Samsung members.

5. Turning off animations in visual enhancements settings. 

6. Setting background process limit to atmost 1 process in developer settings.

Note: I didn't try factory reset as many people were saying that the issue still persists after resetting ...So, will do it if it's highly necessary cuz I don't want the device to freeze and restart while I am installing important apps from play store lol.

Service center is asking many people for motherboard change which costs very high. IF there is a fix which can be resolved by a software update, samsung needs to do it. I wonder if the device will even be eligible for exchange as the device needs to be in working condition, even for the official Samsung store.

So thats the issue with my M21 device.

Edit: Now its not even allowing me to run safe mode. It gets back to normal mode even though i try booting in safe mode.

7 Comments
νιкι
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I'm facing the same issue since today
0 Likes
Ankita Kar
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M

This is a global issue. Almost all the users having the M series are facing this (me included). I did visit the Samsung mobile service center and as expected they asked me to replace mother board which would cost me about 6K and will have a warrenty of just 3 months. They are not ready to check software also. I request each and everyone to raise this request to samsung service head so that this gets some light.

Samsung should take responsibility and solve this bug ASAP. If this can't be solved then, repair all the phones facing this issue without any charges or provide new mobile. 

Whatever it is there has to be a solution. This is a loot going on now.

rajan1052
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I am using Galaxy M30 and the front camera gets hanged.When the service center was contacted they advised to change the motherboard. This motherboard issue shoul be addressed by the Samsung
0 Likes
cs_member8
Expert Level 2
Options
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and will surely assist you regarding the same. We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback >Ask question

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Mayank3902
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
I'm also facing same problem from 18th of Aug it happens 2-3 times in a day.
galaxyom
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy M
I am also facing these issue ....galaxy A 12
0 Likes
Zingalala
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy M
I am facing the same issue, what will be solution
0 Likes