Original topic:

Charging remaining time showing wrong in M34

(Topic created on: 05-01-2024 09:43 PM)
KarthikeyaSathi
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy M
I felt my M34 6GB ram variant is taking longer to charge than it shows. I first noticed this like a month ago but then shrugged it off. But I kept getting the feeling so I put it to the test. I plugged it for charging with my 25W charger when the charging was around 33%. My battery protection is turned on so it caps at 85%. It showed 39 mins to charge so I set the timer for 39 mins and didn't use the phone during this time. When the timer rang, it still showed 14 mins to charge and I was sure it is not gonna charge in said 14 mins too. Any idea why it is happening? I am a normal user, who uses phone for Whatsapp, Youtube and Insta. I don't play games. Why this is happening?

Come on Samsung, are you living near a blackhole or what? This isn't Interstellar.

8 Comments
Krishan15
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
Bro heat ke karan phone charge hona bnd ho jata and jab phone normal ho jayega tb charge hoga
Thankyou.
Galaxy M
I am not a heavy user and when I plugged in, my phone was not hot. Even if we consider your theory it showed 14 mins to charge when the timer rang. Let's say it didn't charge for 14 mins so it showed 14 mins extra then also do you think my phone was taking 14 mins break because it was hot? 14 mins just to cool down for a normal user when the phone was in idle state?
john163
Active Level 8
Galaxy M
phone doesn't charge constantly at 25 watts, also it doesn't depends if your a heavy user or not, phone generates heat while charging and accordingly fluctuates voltage, it also depends on the room temperature, my s22 charges quickly from 10% to 40% then slows down, shows 30 min untill full charge but takes extra few mins. its normal, use acu battrey app and monitor your temp and voltage while charging you will know.
VisSin
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
Hi Karthikeya ,

I am also using M34 as a secondary device but not faced this problem.

Please confirm that you have the Original SAMSUNG Charger .

Steps to follow :

1. Update to latest version.

2. Perform a Battery check from device care option in settings.

3. Try to keep your phone cool while charging.

If still problem occurs ,please visit the nearest Samsung Service Center.
0 Likes
VisSin
Active Level 3
Galaxy M
And yes One more thing I want to add is M34 heats too much even while using chrome browser,
may be it could be only in my device (model).
0 Likes
Galaxy M
I hope it is original. And my software is on latest version. And it was pretty much cool while it was charging.20240501_214023_1000031758_1714579823.jpg20240501_213958_1000031756_1714579799.jpg
cs_member10
Expert Level 5
Galaxy M

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

As per your concern, we would request you to kindly perform the following steps to resolve your issue.

Galaxy device charging issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-device-is-not-fast-charging-how-do-i-fix...

Kindly follow the standard charging procedure. i.e. please charge the device in switched-off condition for 10 minutes.

Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, etc.
Turn off unused functions like Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and location settings when not using them: On the home screen swipe down the notification panel > Turn off Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, and other connectivity features when not using them.

Kindly check if ''Multiple applications'' are running in the background of the device.

When running multiple applications, the processor processes more tasks and as a result, additional heat is released from the device. This happens with most electronic devices (even computers/laptops), including the devices of other manufacturers. Close all the background running apps when not using them.

Avoid usage of mobile phones during charging. Usage of the mobile phone when charging may cause slow charging issues. So we recommend you avoid the usage of the mobile phone while charging.

Update the software if available: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-smartphone-how-to-update-software/

Reset your device: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-galaxy-mobile-how-to-perform-a-factory-res...

In case the issue still occurs, kindly report the problems with a log file. To share a log file, click on the Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Support> Tap on error report > Type your query > Send).

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Tech-knight
Active Level 4
Galaxy M
Hi !! Just restart the phone, remove the protective battery (85%), and charge till 100 %. Make sure you have turned fast charging ON. Then turn on 85% cap. Use the phone till it turns off at 3%. Now, the battery will re-calibarate the battery and time. If it didn't help, just turn off 85% cap OFF and use. One UI 6.1 update is just around the corner. Cheers.