Original topic:

Samsung j7 is not getting update .. we are still using android 8.this is so wron

(Topic created on: 05-16-2021 10:22 PM)
nainai00
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy J
Samsung j7 is not getting update .. we are still using android 8.this is so wrong.. while buying phone of 18k you must provide updates atlest . i am not going to buy any Samsung smartphone in future and not going to recommend it to anyone .
12 Comments
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
J7 was launched with Android 6.0 Marshmello and after getting 2 major OS updates ( according to Samsung update policy ) now it's on Android 8.0 Oreo.

Don't expect 3 OS updates in a midrange device as at the time of J7's launch every Samsung including flagships used to get 2 major OS updates, 3 years of OS update policy starts from 2019 flagships onwards.

You shouldn't even expect security patch updates from a 6+ year old device.
nainai00
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
1st. know is things properly.. Samsung j 7 max is launched on Android 7 ..🤣🤣lol.
and it not provide any update after march 2020 security patch.. Samsung is totally forgot about j7 max.
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
1st. You didn't even mention the word "Max" after "J7" anywhere on this post. 🤣🤣🤣 Lmao !!!

And what I've heard about it is that it's the Mediatek processor that is used in J7 Max for why J7 Max didn't get android 9 pie update.
( I've just heard about it so I can't confirm it )
nainai00
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
If you don't know the details please. brother don't spread **bleep** news here at least .
this platform is for query and sharing. please 🙏🥺 don't trt to reuin this platform too.
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
I'm not here to ruin it you are the one here who is confusing the users, who may help you, by not even mentioning your device name properly. 😂 😂 😂 😂

And I know you'll probably/definitely edit your post after this. 😁😁😁
nainai00
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
na.. I don't
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
You should edit it as the users who may confirm whether J7 Max didn't get the android pie update because of Mediatek processor or not don't get confused like I got for your little mistake. 😁😁😁
nainai00
Active Level 1
Galaxy J
Samsung provide only one major update in j7max this is so wrong. 2 update is must in every phone while i buy 18k phone.
souravKhan
Expert Level 5
Galaxy J
Yes, it was completely Samsung's fault that they only provided 1 OS update for J7 Max.