Original topic:

Biometric fingerprint issue

(Topic created on: 12-10-2019 12:31 PM)
MrSiam
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
Recently I've noticed that when I walk and keep my phone in my pocket sometimes the phone gets unlocked by itself. It is registered to my finger. It shouldn’t be unlocked without my finger or the pin that I set. But it keeps unlocking without any of these two. And another problem is the fingerprint scanner can't identify my finger sometime. Whenever I try to unlock my phone, it takes 2/3 attempts to unlock. maximum time i face this problem. There are very few times, i can unlock the phone by my finger in a single attempt .           
#SamsungA50s #FingerprintProblem      
7 Comments
Rajesh_Nair
Active Level 4
Galaxy A
A50 fingure scanner is on screen, you might have fixed a screen guard/ temoered glass on top. please remove tempered glass, remove captured biometric data and rescan then try.
This might be the reason. not sure. Guys.. any other try?
0 Likes
MrSiam
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Yesterday I fixed a screen guard on top of the display but i'm having this problem since I bought the phone.
0 Likes
Comsup
Active Level 7
Galaxy A
verify whether

smart lock is enabled . if enabled than disable it .
0 Likes
MrSiam
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
smartlock is disabled.
0 Likes
Galaxy A

Hi there,

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue-

>Navigate to settings>> Display >>Accidental touch protection >> Disable / Enable . 
> If any screen guard/tampered glass/protection film is available then first disable the fingerprint settings and then remove the screen guard.
> Once screen guard is removed now register the fingerprint again and check the issue
> Make sure to use the central fingerprint parts evenly when you register or scan fingerprint, so that all portions of fingerprint, including the center and corners have been fully scanned.

Nevertheless if you still have similar problems while registering or scanning your fingerprints, please visit to the authorized Samsung service center with device and have it inspected for further resolution.
For address details of Samsung Service centers follow the link mentioned below-
http://www.samsung.com/in/support/servicelocation/

Regards,
Team Samsung Members

MrSiam
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
Ok,
I'll update the status here.
0 Likes
babu709
Active Level 2
Galaxy A
i found solution for this issue. simply turn on your screen transition option. under biometrics preferences.
0 Likes