Original topic:

[A50] Increase in Charging time after Android 10 update

(Topic created on: 06-22-2020 10:46 PM)
Sagnik27
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy A
There has been a considerable increase in the Charging speed by about an hour in the Samsung Galaxy A50. After updating the latest OneUI 2.0 with May security patch, I had also tried hard factory reset after the major upgrade but to no avail. The charging from 0-60 % used to take 30 minutes, but post update it takes more than an hour to reach 60% from 1%. The sofware needs to be more optimized and the charging algorithm needs an immediate fix.

This is my first post on the community and the first issue that I having on my A50. I never had any issues before. Please look into matter Samsung Development Team.
0 Likes
5 Comments
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
0 to 60 is impossible on A50. The phone supports only 18w fast charging. This isn't One Plus.
0 Likes
Sagnik27
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy A
Before the update the charging time from 0-60% was 30-40 mins max. Now the time has exceeded one hour.
0 Likes
RedIndianRobin
Active Level 10
Galaxy A
What you're saying is still impossible. The A50 just can't go from 0 to 60 in 30 mins with 18w fast charging.
0 Likes
Galaxy A
bhai 15W max
0 Likes
Samsung_Support3
Options
Galaxy A

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please perform the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

1. Check charger functionality, try to charge your device with some other charger or use your charger to charge some other device.

2. Check charging, if rating is 15W or above. Kindly try to charge the device in a non-inverter socket.

Note: Kindly open Device care from Settings > Battery > Please tap on 3 dots(more option) at the top right hand side > please select settings > enable fast cable charging.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes