Original topic:

Community Content - Feedback Request

(Topic created on: 06-29-2020 03:02 PM)
Avinav
Active Level 7
Options
Community Guidelines

Hello Members

Want to request you all to take 2 mins to read below and share your view-point on a few things. 

As part of a campaign to encourage our Members community to share their hobbies and passions, we have asked BAs to start the conversation by sharing their own hobbies, passions and other non-tech topics. 

Some active users have expressed that they feel this content is not relevant. This in OK, as long as the discussion remains civil. Many users have participated in this discussion properly.

But out of these, some (like darkvarder1) have taken things too far (example of a comment below)

Avinav_0-1593408779523.png

• Users like this take every opportunity to blame Moderators when they get banned. But they are openly threatening other users who are completely minding their own business.
  • They feel that communicating via memes is an effective mode of giving feedback, where many users and BAs are actively using the feedback section, sending error logs and participating in Beta programs. 
  • They keep inciting others to fight with them on other channels like twitter and discord.

Do users like this represent you and your attitude towards your fellow Members?

Want to take your opinion on below 3 things - 

1. Should users like this be entertained, or be removed with zero tolerance towards violent threats?

2. Do you mind the occasional off-topic threads on the Members community? 

3. Do these threads make it difficult for you to find other relevant content? If yes, Would you prefer if there was a different sub-forum for such off-topic threads?

Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback! 

113 Comments
DhruvJain2298
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
1. A zero tolerance policy towards posts like these that openly threaten other members on the platform will be more than welcome.

2. Oh not at all! This is a community. This is a place for galaxy users to get together, feel free to discuss or talk about any topic of their choice, as long as it doesn't offend anyone or make them feel unsafe.

3. Yes, a separate subforum for any off-topic discussions or anything in general will be highly appreciated.
Community Guidelines
Avinav..would select 3rd point..and has already expressed my feelings regarding this..Organising such contests under different section or tab will gonna solve this issue..Like you guys have organised the last photography contests..

Community Guidelines
Off topic subjects are fine but sometimes..and seeing users feedbacks..will suggest to go for separate thread or section(like contest section)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines

that's what i am talking here  i have no reason to fight you guys if community manager is ready to hear me out then fine i will shut my mouth 

Tech4youbySid
Active Level 10
Community Guidelines
Bro Darkvarder1, you are telling about killing the BAs. Did you not find any other words? Expression and threat are 2 different things.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines

did you really thought that it was threat phone pe bhi dhamik nahi diya hai aur nahi koi social media bhehave to aise kar rahe ko sach mien personally ake sab ghar mien mar ke jaunga grow up this is just a rai ka phad bana diya hai tum logone , aisa bhi kya kiya jo itna hate spread ho raha hai mere khilaaf be matlab ka post yeh wohi baat hogyi hai ki ao tick tock vs youtube ki khaani yaha repeat telicast chal raha hai, khud to spam karte ho dusron ko bolte ho ki woh bad words ya spam kar raha isko nikalo just like the personal vengeance is going on here  

Anonymous
Not applicable
Community Guidelines

and why on earth i will kill you guys this admin has taken. the war on personal level 

YatinAngara
Active Level 8
Community Guidelines
1. Definitely They must me removed with zero tolerance when posting such stuff, which may be a threat to others.

2. Yes, having off topic discussions Occasionally is okay on members community.

3. Having a different sub-forum for off-topic threads will be a great change and quite useful for finding relevant content.
Community Guidelines
1. There shouldn't be tolerance at all for such people, who spread negativity in our community.
2. and 3. I won't mind off topic threads, but it would be preferable to use a sub-forum for such off topic threads.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity, to provide you with our inputs!