Want to request you all to take 2 mins to read below and share your view-point on a few things.
As part of a campaign to encourage our Members community to share their hobbies and passions, we have asked BAs to start the conversation by sharing their own hobbies, passions and other non-tech topics.
Some active users have expressed that they feel this content is not relevant. This in OK, as long as the discussion remains civil. Many users have participated in this discussion properly.
But out of these, some (like darkvarder1) have taken things too far (example of a comment below)
- Users like this take every opportunity to blame Moderators when they get banned. But they are openly threatening other users who are completely minding their own business.
- They feel that communicating via memes is an effective mode of giving feedback, where many users and BAs are actively using the feedback section, sending error logs and participating in Beta programs.
- They keep inciting others to fight with them on other channels like twitter and discord.
Do users like this represent you and your attitude towards your fellow Members?
Want to take your opinion on below 3 things -
1. Should users like this be entertained, or be removed with zero tolerance towards violent threats?
2. Do you mind the occasional off-topic threads on the Members community?
3. Do these threads make it difficult for you to find other relevant content? If yes, Would you prefer if there was a different sub-forum for such off-topic threads?
Thank you in advance for your valuable feedback!
Solved! Go to Solution.
Bringing this discussion to a close -
(thread will remain pinned for more PoVs. I will continue to monitor)
1. Most users disagree with such language. We all believe this is just a statement (which of course it is). Let me be perfectly clear - Abusive language/personal threats will NOT be tolerated. No matter what the context is, this community is for civil discussions where everyone feels comfortable. If you mean it as a joke, a statement, just an insult, such content will not be acceptable.
2. Please share feedback freely. If you want to bring something to our attention, share it via BAs. BAs are representatives of the community who interact with us regularly. Try to explain through them.
3. Please keep discussions healthy and constructive. No community is perfect, we rely on ALL of you to help make this a great experience for everyone.
4. Negative feedback is welcome. While you might not think it, BAs share the most negative feedback with us and we work hard towards actioning as much of it as possible! FYI - BAs are not paid employees of Samsung, they are our top fans.
5. If you think it is Spam, does not mean it is Spam.
- If it is abusive, threatening, illegal, highly repetitive, objectionable, asking for personal info, selling something, promoting an unreliable product/service it is SPAM. Please report it and try to bring it to BAs or my notice.
- If it is something that you personally find irrelevant, if you think it is in the wrong subforum and you feel you can not ignore it, try having a conversation without being judgmental or accusatory. Not everyone shares the EXACT same ideas as you, and your own content might also be seeming like Spam to others. If you are unable to ignore it, share your feedback with me directly.
More specifically, about BA Super League
1. Different subforum for off-topic content - while Others subforum is for this purpose, I will evaluate changing name to something more appropriate.
2. Improving the content quality in BA Super League - Agreed! We will work towards this, share with us what all you want to see on Members!
This community exists for ALL of you! Please be open-minded and respectful towards one another.
2. Oh not at all! This is a community. This is a place for galaxy users to get together, feel free to discuss or talk about any topic of their choice, as long as it doesn't offend anyone or make them feel unsafe.
3. Yes, a separate subforum for any off-topic discussions or anything in general will be highly appreciated.
did you really thought that it was threat phone pe bhi dhamik nahi diya hai aur nahi koi social media bhehave to aise kar rahe ko sach mien personally ake sab ghar mien mar ke jaunga grow up this is just a rai ka phad bana diya hai tum logone , aisa bhi kya kiya jo itna hate spread ho raha hai mere khilaaf be matlab ka post yeh wohi baat hogyi hai ki ao tick tock vs youtube ki khaani yaha repeat telicast chal raha hai, khud to spam karte ho dusron ko bolte ho ki woh bad words ya spam kar raha isko nikalo just like the personal vengeance is going on here
2. Yes, having off topic discussions Occasionally is okay on members community.
3. Having a different sub-forum for off-topic threads will be a great change and quite useful for finding relevant content.
2. and 3. I won't mind off topic threads, but it would be preferable to use a sub-forum for such off topic threads.
Thank you for giving us the opportunity, to provide you with our inputs!