Original topic:

Samsung watch pro 5 lte not working with airtel

(Topic created on: 12-29-2022 12:45 PM)
amritnoronha
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi all,
I bought a new samsung watch pro 5 lte and it's unable to latch withbairtel network. This is a US version with global unlocked bands. So it says it supports all bands within India.

Weirdly, it will latch on to Jio and Vodafone network without any issues, but problem seems to be with airtel network only.

Has anyone had a similar issue or can guide me in case there is something different?

FYI the activation and all other process was done correctly and setup correctly. Including resetting the watch again and again.

Will gladly take any help that I can get.

Suspicion: airtel might have deactivate some band recently which supports or they don't have support for watch 5 pro lte series. 
31 Comments
nobita99
Active Level 4
Wearables
For airtel you need postpaid sims to enable esim for watches.
0 Likes
amritnoronha
Active Level 3
Wearables
All done. Doesn't work. Esim is enabled and active, but airtel doesn't show up in the network. I can see jio and vf. Only with airtel this is an issue
KrishR_Hyd14
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

No use...

0 Likes
Wearables
Have you tried contacting Airtel for the same?
0 Likes
amritnoronha
Active Level 3
Wearables
Yes. No luck. They stop at its activated. Whatever the issue is, it's with your watch. (Which is definitely not the case as other networks show up).
Wearables
In that case Switching network is the last resort as you won't be getting international warranty on your watch hence no official support.
0 Likes
amritnoronha
Active Level 3
Wearables
Bur that's the thing. It's not about warranty. It's about support for lte. If airtel is not supporting, they should disclose instead of misleading customers. And if samsung is doing the right thing by allowing international bands, it ahould explain why it isn't working.
amritnoronha
Active Level 3
Wearables
Update: airtel, samsung both were of no help.
I then used a jio sim and it worked flawlessly and the setup was under a minute.

Will suggest to use Jio for smartwach services and not airtel for the watch 5 pro lte series
0 Likes
sandy1402
Active Level 5
Wearables

i was the first victim of this run around, i have Samsung Watch LTE model. initial days struggled to get it activated with Airtel. i too converted my pre paid to post back then, after multiple forum and research i found that the band used in US will not support INDIA in general. Jio & VI is exception as it used the same set of bands thats why it works with US model. this is not problem for those manufactured from China, Vitenam and UAE, only difference is those manaufactured from US which will not be compatible.. 

i am using my Jio and it is working for 2+ years now :)

0 Likes