Original topic:

SPO2 for galaxy watch active 2

(Topic created on: 04-24-2021 12:26 AM)
PANKS1
Active Level 10
Options
Wearables
Samsung, can we please have Spo2 on watch active 2...it will be a gr8 help during this pendemic....u guys have updated this in US...then why can't in India...
Samsung, i'm sure this can be done via soft update....pls do as we are short of oxy meters and having this feature on watch will be a bit of help.....🙏🙏🙏🙏
10 Comments
Viks007
Active Level 3
Wearables
We heard that US version even support Samsung Pay. Samsung must provide Spo2 support during this pandemic which is need of the hour.
SamPro
Active Level 8
Wearables
I have the US version. Samsung pay is there, but no SPO2 support. Even ECG and BP is not officially released for India.
PANKS1
Active Level 10
Wearables
Pls fwd, like... so it reaches out to samsung
0 Likes
Anak1n
Active Level 6
Wearables
If it's only matter of software update, Samsung should provide that options in update
SamPro
Active Level 8
Wearables
Thats the problem my friend. The hardware of watch 3 and active 2 is identical. But to promote watch 3 they are restricting active 2's funtionalities.
0 Likes
Anak1n
Active Level 6
Wearables
That could be, in few countries, I guess that's already enabled.
Looks like marketing thing.. but maybe there sensor or algorithm is still not good enough to provide accurate results.
Also, that's stress feature may take oxygen level in account, while indicating stress level..
That's one indirect way to know things.. this is my guess...
0 Likes
SamPro
Active Level 8
Wearables
Could be. But I guess spo2 sensor is located on the function button which doubles up ecg and bp functionality. Lets wait and see if samsung enables those functionality natively for India.
0 Likes
deep5163
Active Level 5
Wearables
Galaxy active 2 will support spo2 ? If it supporting so why samsung not giving that option and your watch much expensive?😡😡
0 Likes
iAmSaugata
Active Level 4
Wearables
Samsung never mentioned anywhere that SPO2 will be available on Watch Active 2, it is officially for Gear 3 only. Since Gear 3 and Watch Active 2 using almost identical specs, so, we can assume that it has the capability to measure SPO2.
Now Samsung may or may not enable this for Watch Active 2, but hopefully someone else can port SPO2 in Watch Active 2, there is topic in XDA, and one person almost achieved 80% of it. So, possibilities are limit less.