Original topic:

When will ECG arrive to India?

(Topic created on: 03-31-2021 09:52 AM)
steelcage
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
I am a cardiac patient who had a major heart surgery recently. I was keen about keeping an eye on my heart and bought the samsung active 2 watch hoping ECG feature will be available. It has been over a year now and still no ecg for indian customers. I would have gone the apple route because they got ecg long ago. There are millions of indians like me hoping the ecg and spo2 feature be made available asap. Otherwise i am never buying a samung product again. I don't want to hear reasons like govt regulation etc. How are other brands bringing ecg watches to india then?
16 Comments
vishal261214
Active Level 8
Wearables
Never...
AshAnjum
Active Level 5
Wearables
It's just a marketing gimmick from Samsung..
steelcage
Active Level 2
Wearables
If such scam was done in europe, samsung would have been sued and paid billions in fine.. but in india? No such law to safeguard customers.
steelcage
Active Level 2
Wearables
I was a loyal samsung customer. Had bought note 1, note 5 and now note 10. I am disappointed that samsung keeps reducing features but increasing price alone. What happened to the onboard spo2 sensor that was there in note 5? I really wish i can file a case against such malpractice of cheating customers.
Aalok__
Active Level 3
Wearables

I think they need permission from govt but all the others companies have got it then why not samsung it's a major brand so they should bring it asap don't know why it's still not there

steelcage
Active Level 2
Wearables
Exactly, thats my point. If apple and other smaller chinese brands get spo2 and ecg license, why samsung isnt pushing to the govt.. this is a life saving feature for heart patients. Infact for covid spo2 may be a good tool to check oxygen in blood and take precautionary steps. Samsung stopped focussing on indian customers but happily charging extremely high cost for flagship products.
0 Likes
AshAnjum
Active Level 5
Wearables
Also very poor response from the Samsung India. I tweet about the same issue to samsung india but no response from them.
steelcage
Active Level 2
Wearables
I faced same lethargic attitude with samsung india support when i had a glitch in note 10+. When i bought it in 2019 sept, the keyboard was acting weird with jumping letters. Few owners faced it worldwide. But samsung never listened to us. Consequent android update had sort of fixed it. But still randomly keyboard mistypes. A 80k phone shouldnt be doing this.
0 Likes
shridhar
Active Level 7
Wearables
Exactly..very poor response from their Twitter handle...need improvement.
0 Likes