Original topic:

Poll: Do you value efficiency or power in your phone's chipset?

(Topic created on: 09-17-2021 07:48 PM)
Tech Talk
Which one would you pick if you absolutely had to choose?Smartphone processors are getting smaller and more powerful each year, as you’d expect. The progress isn’t always easy to see from one year to the next, but it’s definitely apparent when comparing today’s flagship phones to devices from four or five years ago.

Credit: ©2021 Android Authority

Mobile chipsets aren’t all made equal though, as some processors might prioritize performance while others focus on efficiency. What’s more important to you though? Let us know via the poll below.

Do you value efficiency or horsepower in your phone's processor?Of course, there are plenty of high-end processors that offer loads of power but are still able to eke out plenty of hours when needed. It’s also worth noting that there are other factors that influence performance and efficiency, such as battery capacity, phone design, and the type of RAM/storage. Nevertheless, we want to know which one you’d choose if you absolutely had to pick (assuming everything else is the same).

Couldn't create a poll because Samsung members don't support so please comment below!

Got anything more to add beyond a vote? Then you can share your thoughts via the comments section below.

Image credit: ©2021 Android Authority

8 Comments
jaison160
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
I think the approach of mixing high performance cores with the power efficient ones is ok for the current technological advancement.
Tech Talk
Thanks for comment! 🙂
Ya i agree with you 😊 High performance + power efficient!
0 Likes
Sokul
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Max out at 10 power cores(2nm node) all running at 3.1GHz with a 6k battery. And include 55W Superfast charging. (PUN INTENDED)
Tech Talk
PUN 🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
ShyamMohan01
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Exynos prioritizes heating and lag.
Tech Talk
Qualcomm Snapdragon processor 👍
0 Likes
ShyamMohan01
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
My previous LG phone V30+ had 4GB RAM with Snapdragon 835. It worked perfectly, no lags, never crashed in 3yrs, good battery though image quality of camera was not great but then it was a 3 yr old phone. I expected my current phone with 8gb Ram and Exyshit 990 to be atleast as good. But unfortunately no. So what I need from a phone is reasonable performance ( I don't need to play games at best resolution) but shouldn't lag or overheat. Heating is loss of energy which leads to poor battery life. To put in one sentence. I need a processor that performs reasonably but consistently without overheating.
Tech Talk
Qualcomm Snapdragon is your need bro! Samsung Galaxy s22+ will be having a cooling system and Qualcomm Snapdragon processor!