Original topic:

M31 - Facing issue during calls. Calls keep going on hold

(Topic created on: 06-20-2020 10:09 AM)
Ashish2503
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tech Talk

I recently purchased Samsung Galaxy M31. From day one i am facing problem where calls going on hold while talking.

I tried every possible settings but its not helping.

I tried reset settings, formatting, motion gestures but no luck

0 Likes
13 Comments
vaghelajr
Active Level 3
Tech Talk

i also face the same issue in my Galaxy  M31,  

i had tried, reset default setting,  factory data reset, and now got an update 

but problem not solved yet,

0 Likes
vaghelajr
Active Level 3
Tech Talk

while receive a call and device at ear screen goes off its fine, but  while we  complete our Talks and device  remove from ear it continue screen black / off and we are not able to end call, on screen button,

i tried *#77692# and getting 2 sensors one of them is proximity sensor and other Light sensor,

i was off proximity sensor and observed behavior of screen off after complete call, but it is same as before,  

now i just wish to ON my proximity sensor again, and tried to dial *#77692# but i am shocked to appear only light sensor and proximity sensor option not appear on screen as before to off it,

i just wish to appear for my control PROXIMITY SENSOR OPTION WHILE I DIAL *#77692# 

OR provide me any other short code

0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would like to inform you that as you have tried all the steps we request you kindly visit the service center as your device needs physical inspection, to check for the nearest service center kindly click on the link : https://www.samsung.com/in/support/service-center/

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
venbabuvnr
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Spent multiple days researching internet, but no resolution. I am using a Samsung A70.

Also, no help from Samsung Customer Service as well. Just continued to use with a head phone all the time.

But, I recently realized, when I removed the phone cover and talk directly using the phone this issue didn't occur.

Can you any one of you confirm below:

When you faced this calls going ON HOLD issue, while talking over the phone pressed against the ear: - Were you having a mobile phone cover or was it without a cover.

I sense that the issue is because of the phone cover (some local make) and when I used without a cover, this issue DID NOT occur.

Would appreciate your feedback by trying this without using the mobile cover and let me/this forum know.

Regards,

Venky.

0 Likes
grejojoby
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

Its because when you keep your phone on ear it goes to screen blank. But sometimes while talking it may move from our ear and light gets caught and screen turns back on... SO then your ear will touch the screen and the postion of menu and hold and record are just at the location where your ear is... and it gets pressed

. I'm also using M31 i found the solutiokn like this

0 Likes
Jagans
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

Hi Team,

I purchased a brand new Samsung Galaxy M31. Currently running Samsung UI 2.1 

Calls automatically goes into hold. Issue is happening randomly. Since it is a new device I don't think it needs a factory reset. Issue was reported allover internet and it is strange to see why Samsung has not released a patch for this bug. Need your immediate attention as this is making Call experience annoyed.

Regards,

Jagan.S

Thank you. 

0 Likes
venbabuvnr
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Spent multiple days researching internet, but no resolution. I am using a Samsung A70.

Also, no help from Samsung Customer Service as well. Just continued to use with a head phone all the time.

But, I recently realized, when I removed the phone cover and talk directly using the phone this issue didn't occur.

When you faced this calls going ON HOLD issue, while talking over the phone pressed against the ear: - Were you having a mobile phone cover or was it without a cover.

I sense that the issue is because of the phone cover (some local make) and when I used without a cover, this issue DID NOT occur.

Would appreciate your feedback by trying this without using the mobile cover and let me/this forum know.

Regards,

Venky.

0 Likes
dbhosale
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
hello, I had a call but they couldn't able to listen my voice but I can clearly listing what they are talking,
I tried but j don't know any way to solve this issue
0 Likes
venbabuvnr
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Regards,

Venky.

0 Likes