Original topic:

Hidden alarm that cant turn off

(Topic created on: 11-21-2020 08:06 PM)
Jessigay
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk

Please help! 

I have a galaxy s8 and a few days ago a hidden alarm goes off at 7am every day. I cant see this alarm, it is not in my clock app (I've tried deleting all alarms and clearing the cache too) and I cant seem to find any other app that would have a routine or alarm associated with it.

The worst part of this hidden alarm is that I cannot turn the [your preferred explitive]  thing off! I've tried closing all apps, hitting the buttons on the side of the phone, opening and then closing my clock app (which is now completely empty) but nothing works. I have to completely turn off my phone to get it to stop. There is nothing on my phone to indicate I have an alarm about to start or actively going off.

I haven't installed any new updates lately and my phone is up to date so I have no clue what triggered this to suddenly start. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

40 Comments
arunnechlani
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
Check in your calendar if there is any thing set for 7 AM
0 Likes
Jessigay
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Thanks for the suggestion. I did look at that when this first started but I didnt see anything set for 7. But just in case Ii will try turning off my calendar notifications for a day or so and see if that makes a difference. 

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
and do one thing more
go to settings >general Management >reset>reset settings and restart your device
Jessigay
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

Thanks for the help. I did try that and alas, the alarm went off again this morning at 7. I will try turning off clock and calendar notifications (even though I dont see an event in either for 7am). But after that I'm out of ideas. 

It's just so weird because I cant seem to do anything other than turn off my phone to stop the alarm. And there is absolutely nothing to indicate an alarm is going off anywhere on my phone. My phone is being a punk.

Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
i also suggest you Reboot in safemode, did you tried
Charles Milton
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

..."did you tried?!"...  What nationality are you?

0 Likes
Ansanis
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk

You bigoted little c@nt

Samsung_lVk864N
Beginner Level 4
Tech Talk

You really have to grow up. Who cares what nationality that person is? You're very rude and reactive.

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
other than Reboot in safemode
do one thing more
go to settings >apps> search clock>storage >clear data