Original topic:

[SOLVED] Blank Thumbnails...

(Topic created on: 03-26-2022 04:08 PM)
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
Blank/ empty thumbnail problem:

The Android Media Scanner is, and has always been, a little buggy. This often results in the gallery apps showing blank thumbnails for media files, especially if the files have been moved around. The media scanner fails to replace the cache of files from their old location to new location.

This problem can be rectified by forcing the media scanner to rerun the scan and update all cached files. Since there is no built-in mechanism to manually force a rescan, one 3rd party app comes in very handy. It is called media rescan. You can download it here:

People with WhatsApp media problem:

Add theAndroid folder to the list and select all options (music, image, movie, all others). 

Alternatively, just add the root directory for scanning (/storage/emulated/0) and select all options (music, image, movie, all others). This will take slightly longer to finish scanning, but once done, all missing thumbnails will be updated and taken care of.

NOTE

This app forces the Android Media Scanner to run and update the files. The app, by itself, doesn't do anything to the files. So if the Android Media Scanner has become corrupt for any reason (like a buggy update), the app cannot make it run. In suchlimited cases, only a software update will fix the issue.

USEFUL READINGS

4. Best Android Apps (2022)

5. How to block ads systemwide

7 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
░█████╗░██╗░░██╗██╗
██╔══██╗██║░██╔╝██║
██║░░██║█████═╝░██║
██║░░██║██╔═██╗░╚═╝
╚█████╔╝██║░╚██╗██╗
░╚════╝░╚═╝░░╚═╝╚═╝
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
This is a misleading post. All the recent posts regarding WhatsApp media missing from gallery had been posted by M52 users who got a buggy security update.
This was fixed by the recent one ui 4.1 update. No need to install any 3rd party apps for this issue. Further you suggested installing this app to several people in comments for supposedly fixing this issue and all of them reported that it is not working. So I think the promotion of this app is not very useful in this matter.

Also I didn't spot anybody complaining about blank/empty thumbnail problem other than this WhatsApp media -gallery issue.Screenshot_20220326-181916_Samsung Members_4370_1648298956.jpg
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk

Just because it didn't work in this case, doesn't mean it doesn't work. It is always better to try different things than simply waiting for an update.

Just because you didn't 'spot' anybody complaining about it doesn't make the problem non-existent or the solution inapplicable.

I have seen this problem several times before and tried several other apps to fix it too, but none worked except this one. So the app fully deserves to be recommended.

The post is a general one and we know there are always exceptions to the rule. I don't expect you to understand because you have already demonstrated your depth of knowledge and understanding.

0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
What is the point in offering a solution to an already solved problem?

Secondly you said this is a solution for the WhatsApp - gallery issue. So not a generic post/solution.

Show me at least one post on this community demanding solution for the so called empty thumbnail
problem.

Lol coming to knowledge,I have already given evidence of your hypocrisy and incoherent ideas. Saying one thing at one place, exactly opposite at another place,all to suit your personal agenda. Unsurprisingly, you didn't had any answer for that. So stop boasting about knowledge and understanding.
0 Likes
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
'Brilliant'...🤣🤣🤣
0 Likes
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Yeah your only comeback!! And those lame smilies..lol brilliant indeed. 🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣😂😂🤣🤣
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We welcome your suggestion and appreciate the time and effort you have spent to share your valuable comments. This will help us to improve our services.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes