Original topic:

Android 12

(Topic created on: 04-15-2021 09:39 AM)
ŞàyáņĐàn
Active Level 10
Options
Tech Talk
You should check it once...mann ki shanti ke liye😇 (just For peace of mind)

NEWS:

May be a Good News for upcoming...

Better go to link (source) and read out: https://www.xda-developers.com/android-12-beta-features-leak/
Check this link:👆👆👆👆👆👆👆

Exclusive: Here’s a first look at some more upcoming features in Android 12

It’s been nearly 2 months since Google released the first Android 12 developer preview, and we’re expecting the third developer preview to drop at any moment. Thanks to leaks, extensive hands-ons, and code digging, we’ve learned a lot about the upcoming version of Google’s Android OS. Still, with each new release, we’re learning more and more, and today, I’m ready to share my findings from a hands-on preview of an unreleased version of Android 12.

This unreleased build was given to us by a source who wishes to remain anonymous. We were asked not to redistribute this build, so we can’t share download links at the moment. This build is newer than the latest Developer Preview 2.X releases but is highly unstable and thus has lots of semi-broken features. Still, it also contains newer code for a lot of the features we’ve already uncovered, and it also adds a couple of features not previously seen in the public developer previews. Here’s what we’ve found so far.

Navigate this article

1. Functional Changes in Android 12
    1. Improvements to Scrolling Screenshots
    2. More Progress on App Pairs
    3. Hold power button to call Google Assistant
    4. Search bar in the widget picker
    5. Dual panel home screen for tablets
    6. New Emojis
    7. New Wi-Fi & Internet changes
    8. Quick Setting tile for Device Controls, Cards & Passes
  2. Design Changes in Android 12
    1. New volume panel UI
    2. Splash screens for every app
    3. Tweaks to the Ripple and Overscroll effects
    4. New App Drawer Opening Animation
    5. New Charging Animation
    6. Slight tweak to the Thicker Brightness Slider
    7. “Reduce Brightness” renamed to “Extra dim”
    8. Slight tweak to the Conversation widget picker
  3. Privacy Features in Android 12
    1. Clipboard Access Prompts
    2. Enhanced Notification Permissions
    3. Better Location Permission Dialog
    4. Slight tweak to sideloading apps
    5. Media Management Apps & Alarms and Reminders Permissions

Functional Changes in Android 12

Improvements to Scrolling Screenshots

Native support for taking extended screenshots has been a long-time feature request, and it looks like it’s finally coming to Android 12. In its current form in the public developer preview, it’s prone to breaking and doesn’t work with every app. While the implementation in the build I was sent is also incomplete, we can see that Google has made some behind-the-scenes improvements. For example, instead of scrolling the page down as it captures the view, the in-development expanded screenshot implementation simply opens a separate activity with an expanded view of the page you want to capture and asks you to manually select the area you want to capture.

I’m not sure if this will be how the scrolling screenshots feature works by default, but I can confirm that code for this feature is present in the public developer preview. It’s called the “Magnifier” View and seems to be a way for users to precisely control how much they want to capture. Since Google’s scrolling screenshot implementation doesn’t actually involve stitching images together, Android 12 can skip having to show the user an animation of the page scrolling down. This “Magnifier” View thus lets users cut right to the chase and make an expanded screenshot of the right length right away. The only problem is that it doesn’t seem to work in every app, but this could just be a problem with the buggy pre-release build I was using.

More Progress on App Pairs

Before the release of Android 12, we heard that the company is revamping Android’s split-screen multitasking feature. In the first and second developer previews, we managed to partially enable the new “App Pairs” feature, but it’s wildly incomplete in its current state. While the same bugs two months back are still present in the current App Pairs implementation, we’ve managed to enable one of the previously leaked features: the ability to swap the position of each app by double tapping the center.

Interestingly, the “split screen” button in the recent apps overview has been changed to say “pin to top.” Tapping this button causes the current app to occupy the top ~1/4th of the display until you tap on another app in the recent apps overview, causing both apps to split evenly on screen. We’re not sure if “pin to top” is just a UI change and not part of some broader change to multitasking, since “pin to top” only appeared for me after I toggled a split-screen flag in the launcher’s developer settings.

Hold power button to call Google Assistant

There are a multitude of ways to launch the Google Assistant on Pixel phones. You can squeeze the phone if you have a Pixel 2, Pixel 3, Pixel 3a, or Pixel 4, swipe up from the bottom corners if you’re using full-screen gesture navigation, say “Hey Google” if you have voice access enabled, and in Android 12, double tap the back of your Pixel 5. It looks like Google is about to add another way to launch the Assistant: holding the power button for a few seconds.

We’ve seen this feature appear in loads of Android skins from Chinese OEMs, and it looks like Google is finally following suit.

Search bar in the widget picker

Google tweaked the launcher’s widget picker in Android 12 DP2 to be more compact and collapsed by default. While the latter change makes it easier to scroll through and find the app whose widgets you want to select from, it also means you’ll have to manually expand each card if you aren’t entirely sure what widget you want to add. If you have an inkling about what widget you’re looking for, then the new search widget added to the widget picker in the leaked Android 12 build will be a welcome change.

Dual panel home screen for tablets

An interesting change we spotted in Android 12 DP2 is a taskbar for large screen devices like tablets. Another hidden change in the launcher app is a new dual panel home screen view. On large screen devices, the launcher can be forced to show two pages side-by-side.

New Emojis

Last week, we shared a mod that brought some of the new emojis included in Emoji 13.1 to any rooted Android device. These emojis should be included in Android 12, and they’re already being tested by Googlers out in the wild. I can confirm these emojis are present in the leaked build.

New Wi-Fi & Internet changes

There are a handful of changes related to connectivity settings that we spotted in the leaked Android 12 build. First of all, “Wi-Fi” is now just called “Internet,” and the Quick Setting and Settings page have been renamed accordingly. Under network details, you can see the simplified name for the type of Wi-Fi network you’re connected to (eg. Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 6, etc.). Under Wi-Fi hotspot settings, there’s now an “extend compatibility” option that “helps other devices find this hotspot.” This feature simply changes the frequency of the hotspot from 5GHz (default) to 2.4GHz.

7 Comments
ghufraan
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
9cyrfrgvhvyue7v .v pp
0 Likes
ŞàyáņĐàn
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
🧐💬......Ab🤔 to code language sikhna hi parega...😝
ŞàyáņĐàn
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Yes...🤣😅😂exactly
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Wo keh rha hai k Android 12 usko nahi milega
ŞàyáņĐàn
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
😅🤣😂😆Wah...
**Aur ek baat...
Iska matlab aap ne uska code language v sikhe...
Aap to bari talented person ho...🤣😅🤣
**Just joking bro...
ghufraan
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
65ř898
0 Likes
尺adhzheeb
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
Hello kya Samsung a20 me quick share option dila sakte ho
0 Likes