Original topic:

Is secure folder safe ?

(Topic created on: 08-24-2020 12:27 PM)
Ramizzzzzz
Active Level 1
Options
Secure Folder
I have some really sensitive files and videos in my secure folder and I use moded mx player as it has no adds . Can the developer access it from my secure folder ? Really need help.
0 Likes
16 Comments
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
but why brother download from galaxy store
by the way still no issue
but always download from Galaxy store or play store
and u can stop ads by settings
go to Galaxy store>settings >disable marketing choice
Secure Folder
No brother nothing is safe. It's about your faith in the brands policy. When you came online first , you had just compromised your privacy and security. But as Samsung and Apple are reliable brands , they try to keep your data secure as much as possible. If you're using secure folder , it's somehow safer than the open data present in your phone. It'll provide you a bit extra security than other security options like applock , screenlock , etc.
0 Likes
Ramizzzzzz
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
Thank you brother, I know my data is safe in secure folder, but is using any 3rd party app from google not from playstore, safe inside it ? As samsung says its encrypted with knox. Can the developer still access my data inside secure folder?
0 Likes
Secure Folder
Legally it's not possible to access your data by Company.. They just store your data in their server. They don't check it. If you exclude hacking then yes your data is safe under knox security. Don't worry.
Secure Folder
No, Nothing Stored In Secure Folder Is Shared with Samsung it stays on your Device
0 Likes
rajkm008
Active Level 10
Secure Folder
yes its very safe, i have used secure folder on different galaxy devices since when it introduced by Samsung....
0 Likes
Š
Expert Level 5
Secure Folder
If you are using moded MX Player inside secure folder it can be harmful. Whoever made the moded app, if they are good enough they can acces the contents.
If MX player is not inside secure folder there is no problem.
The data inside secure folder is encrypted only the apps which is inside secure folder can access the data.
0 Likes