Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Enable to reset secure folder password

(Topic created on: 05-21-2023 12:06 AM)
GabbarOp
Active Level 1
Options
Secure Folder
Some time ago I had setup secure folder on my phone.
Now I forgot what pin I had set.
On entering wrong pin I should get a forgot pin link but I am not getting any option as such. Let me know if there is any other way around this problem.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Burtmacklin
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
I myself faced this issue and my secure folder was locked out after numerous attempts and with below steps, I was able to resolve the issue.

1) Install APK Analyzer from playstore
2)open apk analyzer, Search for the app "Secure Folder" and click on it
3) Now goto the option called "activities" and select the activity "com.samsung.knox.securefolder.keyguard.KnoxKeyguardSamsungAccountBridge"
4)click on the play button on the right side and it will ask you to enter samsung account credentials
5) Post entering the credentials you will be taken to secure folder lock type settings
6) You can change your lock type and PIN/Password or Pattern from this page
7) Also make sure to enable the option "Reset with Samsung account" at the bottom.
8)Now open the secure folder app and you should see a forgot password option available now

View solution in context

7 Comments
Secure Folder
Clear app cache and then try login, it should provide link to reset password
0 Likes
GabbarOp
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
Nope not working
0 Likes
Solution
Burtmacklin
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
I myself faced this issue and my secure folder was locked out after numerous attempts and with below steps, I was able to resolve the issue.

1) Install APK Analyzer from playstore
2)open apk analyzer, Search for the app "Secure Folder" and click on it
3) Now goto the option called "activities" and select the activity "com.samsung.knox.securefolder.keyguard.KnoxKeyguardSamsungAccountBridge"
4)click on the play button on the right side and it will ask you to enter samsung account credentials
5) Post entering the credentials you will be taken to secure folder lock type settings
6) You can change your lock type and PIN/Password or Pattern from this page
7) Also make sure to enable the option "Reset with Samsung account" at the bottom.
8)Now open the secure folder app and you should see a forgot password option available now
GabbarOp
Active Level 1
Secure Folder
It worked thank you very much
imran1987
Beginner Level 3
Secure Folder
Thanks a lot
cs-member11
Options
Secure Folder

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. We would request you register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application>Support>Type your query>Ask a question/Tap an error report>Send)

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurring.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
nidsvsv
Beginner Level 2
Secure Folder
How to forgot pin in secure folder
0 Likes