Original topic:

wifi calling on samsung galaxy s8 - Airtel

(Topic created on: 03-06-2021 11:40 AM)
kkanth
Active Level 8
Options
Galaxy S
Currently using Airtel sim on samsung galaxy S8. I'm facing some network problem in my area so I can't able to make or receive a call due to this problem. So I decided to use wifi calling feature.Now I came to know that wifi calling feature is not available in that list which was published by Airtel. Then I contacted airtel regarding this issue. They said that my mobile phone doesn't support Wifi calling. Then I have searched wifi calling feature on my phone. Its available. The thing is I cant able to disable or enable it. (I have attached screenshot of it )

Then I just switched my primary sim to JIO for checking whether wifi calling is working or not. Happly it's working fine on JIO sim.

Jio is supporting wifi calling why not Airtel..?

Also I have a doubt. Who's fault this is..? SAMSUNG OR AIRTEL..?
6 Comments
Galaxy S
Airtel supports very few devices as compared to Jio.
i guess it's more of Airtel's then S8
as S8 is very much capable of this feature..
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
do u have any idea like enabling this feature manually
0 Likes
Galaxy S
i dnt think u can.. it's operator based feature.. they should provide support, for compatible devices...
0 Likes
kkanth
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
I've asked. they are saying that if your mobile support that feature you can see that option. and also they are saying that they cant able to provide this support. it's all depend upon your mobile manufacturer.
0 Likes
Samsung_Support1
Options
Galaxy S

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

To resolve your device network issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-network-issues/#:~:text=1%20Check%2....

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Ehsank
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Airtel issues not your handset definitely, if its handset issues then how jio work, and other than airtel VI also not supported in all area and to all devices they simply replied to all customers your handset not supported wifi and for volte they also said not volte supported
0 Likes