Original topic:

verticle red line on screen.

(Topic created on: 04-08-2017 08:18 PM)
mkbdgr
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I am getting a vertical red horizontal line on the right side of the screen. Any idea what could be the reason?
0 Likes
11 Comments
lucifer9
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
which phone you using?
0 Likes
iamsagarrockks
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
s7 edge has this problem
0 Likes
adityabhaskar
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
they'll replace display for free under warranty
GeekGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
did they replace yours?
0 Likes
nathanjdias
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
This same problem occurred with me twice on my S7 Edge. It's probably a hardware problem and my screen was replaced twice by Samsung Under Warranty and now since my warranty has expired I hope it doesn't happen again
0 Likes
HusanRall
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
this is commonly found Problem on s7 edge
0 Likes
mkbdgr
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes. mine is also s7 edge.
0 Likes
prabhu11
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes mine also same prblm
0 Likes
GeekGuy
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
NOTE: THIS IS A REVIEW OF A PERSON WHO HAD THE SAME ISSUE AND IT SEEMED VERY LEGIT AS TO WHAT HE DID. I AM JUST COPYING AND PASTING IT SO THAT IT MIGHT HELP YOU.

Check whether it is hardware related or just a software issue. Here are some of the troubleshooting tips you may want to try:

- Take a screenshot and verify if lines are appearing in it as well.

- Go to either Recovery or Download Mode by pressing Volume Up/Down + Power On key when phone is switched off and check the lines.

- Diagnose the screen using Samsung Members.

- Diagnose the screen by dialling *#0*# on the keypad.

- Visit Samsung service center and get your phone checked.

After updating to Nougat, U encountered screen flickering and dark bars on the display that couldn't be fixed even after restarting the device. Before taking my device to Service center, they disappeared but doing the troubleshooting mentioned above, I was pretty sure that it was a hardware issue. I raised a complaint via Samsung's CEO office. The service center confirmed that the screen had to be fixed and they offered me a repair. Well, I rejected it and claimed a replacement. Since I'm the top rated reviewer for Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on Flipkart, mentioning the same, I was offered with the exception. There's certainly ways to handle things. Try the steps mentioned above and visit a service center if nothing works. Talk to them and in the meantime, drop a mail to the executive team too. You may contact me for any help regarding this. Good luck! :)

Regards,
Paras Lehana