Original topic:

unable to boot into recovery mode

(Topic created on: 12-24-2020 02:23 PM)
_fahad64_
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
After the one ui 3 update I'm unable to boot into recovery mode i tried various methods but been unsuccessful. If anyone knows could you share please
0 Likes
4 Comments
Galaxy S
Hi, recovery mode have changed for the exynos variant after ONEUI 3 update. For some reason, it stays the same for Snapdragon variant.
Hold the Power button of your device till the power menu pops up and select Power Off.
Wait for your device to turn off completely.
Plug-in a USB-C data cable connected to your PC or USB-C earphones in your device.
Now, check if your device has a Bixby Button (Such as Galaxy S10/Note10):
Without Bixby Button: Press Volume Up + Power Button for a few seconds.
With Bixby Button: Press Volume Up + Bixby Button + Power Button for a few seconds.
And you will boot into Recovery mode.
_fahad64_
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm using the s10 lite and it also being the snapdragon model i cannot boot into recovery mode i have tried both ways the normal and also the usb-c method but it doesn't work at all none of the methods work and I'm also doing it in the right way and tried multiple times but for some reason the recovery mode just isn't available any more
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Hi, as any of the available methods doesn't work(I don't know why), you can boot into recovery with CMD and ADB.
Enable developer mode in settings
Enable USB Debugging
Install ADB tools in your PC(tutorial available in YouTube)
Open CMD and go to folder in which Platform tools in installed(ADB folder)
Connect the device and type "adb devices"
There will be a popup in your device press allow and you can see your devices name will appear in CMD

Now type "adb reboot recovery"

That's it. Your device will reboot into recovery mode.

Tested and working on all the android devices I have including Note 20 and Note 9
_fahad64_
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
alright thanks for that